D&D 5E Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
It can't be the best ever, it didn't come in a three-ring binder.

It's certainly a great book, but have you even seen the Hacklopedia for Hackmaster? That thing is a masterpiece of awesome with a can of whoop-ass on top.

If you hate money that much, I'm taking donations. :)

A

amerigoV

Monsternomicon for me, I don't think it was the first to have a size comparison but that should be standard to all Monster books. Plus, the monsters were cool and added to the setting.

I have not seen the 5e MM, but Monsternomicon is the yardstick that I measure all others up to. Its good to see a few others do as well.

Faradon

Explorer
I was always a fan of the monstrous compendium. Was nice to be able to pull out the monsters I needed when running a game and then file them back away in the binders. The only problem with it was having to buy thousands of those stupid paper donuts / hole reinforcement tools because pages would keep getting torn by the binder. I also liked adding new inserts from the 'expansions' into the binder.

In any event, I love 5th ed so far and am happy with the first two books... fingers are crossed with hopes that the DMG follows suit.

Paraxis

Explorer
Which system is that from?

It was published by Privateer Press for the Iron Kingdoms setting a 3rd party product for 3.5 D&D.

Amazing book.

DD_Iron_Kingdoms_monsternomicon.jpg

Ragmon

Explorer
Monsternomicon for me, I don't think it was the first to have a size comparison but that should be standard to all Monster books. Plus, the monsters were cool and added to the setting.

I completely agree, the size comparison should be an integral part of every "monster manual".

Best MM IMO too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases