D&D 5E Is the Help action broken?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
2rmsms.jpg

Reynard

Legend
As the OP that has long since resolved this issue in my game, I don't quite get the irritation people are displaying at this thread being Necro'd. Isn't it better that folks add to an already existing thread than create a new one on a subject that has been covered already? I mean, i don't care. I'm not a mod, not does one extra thread in my fee cause me distress. it just seems weird that people are mad.

Warpiglet

Adventurer
The thread is so old I tried to laugh and give xp only to see I had done so years ago for the same posts! Yet I read it again like it was a new discussion! Funny.

Just so happens I have been thinking g about it this again lately as I was thinking about a familiar for an arcana cleric..:

Dausuul

Legend
Yet I don’t seem to be able to give anyone Advantage on their Wisdom check to realize the age of this thread.
Anyone posting here either a) has not read the last page of the thread, in which case they will not see your posts, or b) has read the last page and wants to discuss it anyway.

Unlike a lot of forums, ENWorld has no policy against thread necromancy. The original poster may long since have moved on, but people might still be interested in discussing it.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Anyone posting here either a) has not read the last page of the thread, in which case they will not see your posts, or b) has read the last page and wants to discuss it anyway.

Unlike a lot of forums, ENWorld has no policy against thread necromancy. The original poster may long since have moved on, but people might still be interested in discussing it.

No, I know there’s no policy against necros, it’s just that the responses had seemed to be simple answers to a question posed years ago, rather than anything advancing discussion of the help action.

Remove ads