D&D 5E Is the new setting Icewind Dale?

@Birmy pointed out this Reddit comment.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.13.09 PM.png

Add that to the image WotC put out with the upcoming announcement.

cold.png

And they're selling apparel featuring a snowy owlbear.

PO40195275-front2.png
/​

Last edited:

Weiley31

Legend
I wouldn't mind Icewind Dale if it allows me to recreate the games. Wasn't in the one the games, you had to deliver holy water to a fountain, and doing that eradicated all the undead monsters on the field? Unless I'm getting mixed up with something else.

If I'm not, I'd like to recreate that.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
I wouldn't mind Icewind Dale if it allows me to recreate the games. Wasn't in the one the games, you had to deliver holy water to a fountain, and doing that eradicated all the undead monsters on the field? Unless I'm getting mixed up with something else.

This actual scene doesnt ring a bell, but I know I've used the quest line of IWD 1 as a campaign with 2 groups, at it works great (its a little railroady, so not for everyone, I guess).

The environment are quite evocative. If BG 1 and 2 were great for their NPC and epicness, IWD was way better in term of local you visited. The old elven watchtower inhabited by the ghost of elves and orcs and a mad astrologist lich longing for its long lost garden, the frozen citadel of the salamaders who created some kind of museum full of frozen vivarium, the great forge of the dwarves stuck in a ghostly recreation of their fall and Kuldahar, what a cool homebase!

cbwjm

Seb-wejem

That sounds like one of the quests in the hand of the Seldarine where you had to renew the waters, find some tree seeds, and find some animals to revitalise a shrine. I can't recall if adding the holy water destroyed all of the undead or not though.

I have an idea for a setting. It takes place in the cellar under a tavern. It’s an epic tale about the eternal conflict between good folk and, well, rats.

The twist is that it’s not just for 1st level characters: it’s a full 1-20 campaign.

Whaddya think? Kickstart it?
In further news, this is from the BBC website:
Americans are being warned to be wary of hungry rats who have become angry due to a lack of their usual restaurant food to feast on during the coronavirus lockdown.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said there had been "reports of unusual or aggressive rodent behaviour" due to a decrease in food available, "especially in dense commercial areas".

It advises people to take precautions, including sealing up access into homes and businesses, keeping bins tightly covered, and hiring groups of adventurers to clear out cellars.

Zardnaar

Legend
If it is it's a bit disingenuous claiming it's a new setting. Its not really a setting or new.

I'm sure people will jump through hoops justifying that claim. If it's not Icewind Dale or an older setting updated that's a bit more interesting.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases