D&D 5E Is the new setting Icewind Dale?

@Birmy pointed out this Reddit comment.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.13.09 PM.png

Add that to the image WotC put out with the upcoming announcement.

cold.png

And they're selling apparel featuring a snowy owlbear.

PO40195275-front2.png
/​

Last edited:

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
It could be a barbarian or orc fighting low level adventure, or an aberration (Mind Flayer) destruction campaign, or possibly somehow tied to planescape, like the Feywild.

Joseph Nardo

Explorer
I have to admit that a part of me wishes that a massive ice wall built with magic is being attacked by a huge undead army led by a powerful undead sorcerer!

the reason I brought up the crystal shard was that I was speculating on what the next campaign would be about if in fact it's in Iceland dale.
There is no particular reason why an adventure in Icewind Dale would feature the crystal shard, nor why an adventure featuring the crystal shard should take place in Icewind Dale.

I.e. there is no connection between the location and the artefact beyond it being somewhere it happened to be for a while.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
There is no particular reason why an adventure in Icewind Dale would feature the crystal shard, nor why an adventure featuring the crystal shard should take place in Icewind Dale.

I.e. there is no connection between the location and the artefact beyond it being somewhere it happened to be for a while.

No particular reason why, except that it is the most iconic item related to this region?

I agree that it may not dominate the adventure, but if it doesn't have some mention I would be surprised. That would be like the Baldur's Gate book not having any Bhaal in it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
No particular reason why, except that it is the most iconic item related to this region?

I agree that it may not dominate the adventure, but if it doesn't have some mention I would be surprised. That would be like the Baldur's Gate book not having any Bhaal in it.

I expect, much like Descent into Avernus and Murder in Baldur's Gate, this would play off of the events of Legacy of the Crystal Shard to some extent.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases