Is The One Ring 2E Kickstarter going to break the records?

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/the-one-ring-roleplaying-game-second-edition? The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for...

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see!

d50bd7eebed917d3a7580064ed3758c7_original.jpg

The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for his Strongholds & Followers project (and a followup $1.3M campaign). The next highest was John Wick's 7th Sea at about $1.2M.

There were over 6,000 people who were following the pre-launch page for this Kickstarter, which runs for three weeks.

Sunsword

Adventurer
Was the One Ring 1E that popular? I wonder how much of the design of 2E was by the previous publisher. I will say that Middle Earth Adventures for 5E was astounding.

While I respect Tolkien, I don't have much interest in playing in Middle-Earth these days, but obviously, I'm in the minority.

univoxs

That's my dog, Walter
Supporter
Thid game needs an online group like many wargames have. Seems to be a lot of people saying that had 1e and never got to use it.

Very fascinated by the people commenting that they aren't going to get it. Like, fine, but...you can just not leave a comment. One person not interested in a thing is not useful info.

But I hope for Free League's sake this one hits a new record. They really know how to make an incredible product, and an appealing Kickstarter. The only physical (non-PDF) RPG pledge I've ever done was for their Twilight 2000 campaign. They know what they're doing.

Weiley31

Legend
Very fascinated by the people commenting that they aren't going to get it. Like, fine, but...you can just not leave a comment. One person not interested in a thing is not useful info.

But I hope for Free League's sake this one hits a new record. They really know how to make an incredible product, and an appealing Kickstarter. The only physical (non-PDF) RPG pledge I've ever done was for their Twilight 2000 campaign. They know what they're doing.
Comment.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads