Is The One Ring 2E Kickstarter going to break the records?

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192053011/the-one-ring-roleplaying-game-second-edition? The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for...

At over $140K in the first half hour and shooting quickly past the $200K mark before the first hour was up, the numbers on Free League's Kickstarter for the 2nd Edition of The One Ring are whizzing up faster than the eye can see!

d50bd7eebed917d3a7580064ed3758c7_original.jpg

The record for a TTRPG Kickstarter is Matt Colville, at over $2M for his Strongholds & Followers project (and a followup $1.3M campaign). The next highest was John Wick's 7th Sea at about $1.2M.

There were over 6,000 people who were following the pre-launch page for this Kickstarter, which runs for three weeks.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Without looking through the reward tiers on 25 created kickstarters, could it be an add on in one of those 25 that he picked it up? Just a guess on my part.

innerdude

Legend
They would have to double the current pledge amount in 10 days to break the record.

There's always a last-minute flurry of pledges when a kickstarter nears the end, but not $1 million worth . . . .

I'm guessing it'll settle between $1.5 and $1.6 million total pledged by the end.

Skywalker

Adventurer
I reckon it will come in second.
It will come in second. Its weird though as the current top 3 tabletop RPG KSs all include other elements which made them so successful. 7th Sea was basically a KS for a full line of books and Matt Colville's KS also included miniatures and the first funding a live streaming studio. As such, I think Free League can be very happy with the result and I think its certainly the top "pure" tabletop RPG KS to date.

Pagansexy

Explorer
Strongholds & Streaming by Matt Colville 28,918 backers pledged $2,121,465 to help bring this project to life.
Kingdoms, Warfare & More Minis! by Matt Colville 19,033 backers pledged $1,372,685 to help bring this project to life.
7th Sea: Second Edition by John Wick 11,483 backers pledged $1,316,813 to help bring this project to life.
Currently THE ONE RING™ Roleplaying Game, Second Edition by Free League 9,959 backers and $1,237,635

So 4th place with 8 days to go.

Aldarc

Legend
One aspect that often gets overlooked when comparing how much various Kickstarters raise (particularly in terms of popularity and what not) is the pledge levels and values available for a backer. Strongholds & Streamers went up to $500. With 7th Sea, for example, backers could potentially fund at a $500 or $1000 level. The One Ring caps its top backer level at ~$240.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads