• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a feat for this?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
I want to know if there is a feat that allows you to pick TWO cross class skills to become class skills. I know 3.0 Cosmopolitan COULD do this, but I need a 3.5 answer since I want design this build:

Ranger 5/Dervish 10/Tempest 5

But I honest don't know how I can do that IF I have to lose a level in another Pr-class (probably Dervish), if I have to take an additional level of ranger to meet the skill reqs for Dervish.

I don't know of a feat that does that in 3.5, but I don't think you need one for that build.

The max ranks you can have in a skill is 3 + [all class levels], as long as you have at least one class with that skill as a class skill. You still have to pay for ranks based on what class you advance, though. So, in theory, you could pull off your build without a feat as long as your Int was high enough.

BigAlzBub

First Post
The feat in races of destiny is able learner, it can only be taken at level 1 and allows you buy cross class skills at a 1:1 basis, if the skills were part of any class you previously had, then you may you may buy them up to the normal level+3. If you made the character prior to complete adventurer coming out them maybe you can brow beat your GM into letting you juggle some feats, our GM is understanding like that :)

P.S. Just because Versatile is a 3.0 feat doesn't mean it shouldn't be used, I don't have OA with me so I can't check but I believe its a fair bit weaker than cosmopolitan, since it only brings two skills over rather than bringing two skills and giving a bonus to them (and something else entirely in 3.5)

Last edited:

Beckett

Explorer
I'd have to look again, but I thought Dervish required two skills at 3- Dance and Tumble. At ranger 5, you could have 8/2=4 ranks in each. Yes, they'll cost you 2 skill points per rank, but you can qualify.

Where I think you run into trouble is with the number of feats required; I think there were four feats, and even a human can only have three if not a fighter. Taking tempest first might be an option, but I can't remember the requirements there.

Thanee

First Post
How important are those five ranger levels? Maybe ranger 2 / rogue 3 would work?
Or maybe the scout (does it have Tumble? Can't really check here).

There is also the human paragon class.

Bye
Thanee

Bront

The man with the probe
Education lets you pick up all knowledge skills.

Able Learner lets you pick up cross class skills at 1 per. 1 Rogue and 3 Ranger works well then, as if it was a class skill once, it's up to max for you.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads