• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a feat for this?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Sejs said:
Sadly, it is, yes.

But as it hasn't been updated one could at least argue that it's still valid. Would all boil down to DM approval, though.
Dragon #318 has a 3.5 update article for OA, written by James Wyatt.
Alzrius said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this from d20 Rokugan and not Oriental Adventures?
I just looked in OA, and Versatile isn't in it.

colinfit20

Explorer
Reg: Feat

In the Kingdoms of Kalamar Player's Guide there's a feat that allows the player to pick up to their Intelligence modifier in additional class skills or even turn exclusive skills into cross class skills if desired (and you're playing 3.0 rather than 3.5).
I believe its called Skill Prodigy or something like that (don't have the book next to me unfortunately).
It really depends on the skills you want to add to your class skill list, if its Listen, Search and Spot pick up Alertness and then get the Encyclopaedia Arcane for Divination and select the Vigilant feat which grants those very skills.

IcyCool

First Post
Bad Paper said:
Could someone post the text of Able Learner, or is that forbidden? I don't exactly understand the feat.

There are two problems when it comes to learning cross-class skills.

1. Skill ranks cost double.

2. If it is not a class skill for any of your classes, your max ranks in that skill is equal to (your HD+3) / 2.

Able learner changes #1 so that the ranks don't cost double.

irdeggman

First Post
Bad Paper said:
Aha! Thank you! Is that for *any* CC skill, or for only a select few (like only two for Versatile)?

For any skill. All skills cost 1 sp per rank. But the feat must be taken at first level and is only available to humans and dopplegangers.

Note that it doesn't change the max ranks a character can have if the skill is not a class skill on any of his classes' lists.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads