• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is there a feat for this?

Prism

Explorer
I can't see a problem getting the 3 ranks in both tumble and dance with ranger 5. Just buy them cross class. How are you going to get the 4 feats required though without a level or two of fighter or waiting until 7th?

Tatsukun

Danjin Masutaa
So what's teh difference between what Able learner does 9Make buying cross class skills cost 1) and just saying "All skills are class skills" ??

Smells broken if I am understanding it correctly.

Than again, I can't be understanding it correctly...

-Tatsu

irdeggman

First Post
Tatsukun said:
So what's teh difference between what Able learner does 9Make buying cross class skills cost 1) and just saying "All skills are class skills" ??

-Tatsu

The difference is the max ranks a character can have in a skill. That can be the real issue as far as having a certain number of ranks in a skill to qualify for a prestige class.

Also Able Learner is only available for humans and dopplegangers.

FireLance

Legend
Tatsukun said:

-Tatsu
The maximum cap on class skills still applies, i.e. a 1st-level character with Tumble as a cross-class skill can get two ranks of Tumble by spending two skill points, but he cannot buy more than two ranks of Tumble.

Prism

Explorer
Tatsukun said:

-Tatsu

It doesn't increase the level cap for a skill, just reduces the cost. So a 5th level ranger pays only 1 skill point for a rank in dance but is still limited to 4 ranks max. This pretty much means it shouldn't break any PrC requirements. It can be taken at 1st level only by humans and dopplegangers.

It works best for multiclass characters IMO as it means you can continue to progress skills at a low cost when you move into another class or PrC

edit: how keen are we!

Sejs

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
But OA is 3.0, isn't it?

Sadly, it is, yes.

But as it hasn't been updated one could at least argue that it's still valid. Would all boil down to DM approval, though.

BlackSilver

First Post
One of my Players made the comment that his cleric had spent six weeks on horse back and could ride no better now then he could six weeks ago. So we House Ruled that after character creation we pretty much allow any skills to be purchased as long as it is within the concept of the character's action in the past few campaigns.

None of our Players have yet to have their Fighter try to activate magical devices because its out of character concept, because its not in any of their concepts, but I suspect a few Players of having thought about asking.

(For the record the answer is no ;) )

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Thanee said:
How important are those five ranger levels? Maybe ranger 2 / rogue 3 would work?
Or maybe the scout (does it have Tumble? Can't really check here).

There is also the human paragon class.

Bye
Thanee

Well I had hoped to ultize two weapon fighting, obviously. As for weapon focus, I figured there might be a magical item and/or weapon ability that can grant you weapon focus with said weapon. The rest I'd get through ranger.

I've rechecked this folks. 3+level (in this case five) = 8 1/2 equals 4 so I guess it could still work out. I just though for some reason I needed the extra level for this. But I might still try other combo.

Human paragon doesn't get me very far though. Not unless I take 2 levels in ranger...but eh.

I'll keep this all in mind.

Prism

Explorer
There is also skill knowledge from UA (P81) which allows 1 skill to be a class skill or twoi f one of your classes already has that skill

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads