• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Is there any D&D 4th computer game?

Meatboy

First Post
I think something like FF tactics could certainly be doable with the 4e system. And considering how awesome the old Darksun game was, at least for me, I think a turn based game could have a lot of potential.

Perhaps it wouldn't be in the same market as a real time game, but as long as WoTC loosens ups their death grip on the licensing I am sure we will see something soon enough. I mean considering that we have had Dnd games video games for nearly 30 years leads me to believe that something must be coming.

oh and I will throw my hat in for another side scrolling beat em up any day. Shadows over Mystara ate a ton of quarters....

Stuntman

First Post
I still occasionally play Temple of Elemental Evil as well. I think the 4E rules are easy to translate into a turn-based game. Unfortunately, I do not see how a turn-based computer game would be able to compete with the other games you see on the market today. If there exists a turn-based computer game out there today that is doing resonably well, then I can see a 4E computer game being feasible for a developer to produce.

I personally haven't bought a game since ToEE, but I have seen the games that are out there and what people I know play. None of those games are turn-based. The only thing close to a turn-based game that people I know play is online poker or those games on Facebook which are essentially free.

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I have not been able to independently confirm it as of yet but I have heard that there is a Beta going on for a DDO2 that is using 4th edition rules.

But a guild friend said he got a Beta key and another friend I play 4th edition with said that a couple of people I know locally have received one as well. I just have not had a chance to interrogate these people I know.

Kneecleaver

First Post
I have not been able to independently confirm it as of yet but I have heard that there is a Beta going on for a DDO2 that is using 4th edition rules.

But a guild friend said he got a Beta key and another friend I play 4th edition with said that a couple of people I know locally have received one as well. I just have not had a chance to interrogate these people I know.

What are you waiting for?!?!? Put them to the rack!

Mithreinmaethor

First Post
I did talk to the one person I thought could have been chosen but he apparently has not been or he is extremely tight lipped. I wont see the 2 people I have heard this from until this weekend so its still a long wait. I have not heard anything else about it and have not even seen leaks of it on the net.

Dannager

First Post

If it were at the point where a beta involving keys sent out to players (read: non-employees), there would absolutely have already been gobs of news about it in the gaming press. The fact that there is nothing about a new DDO (4e or otherwise) indicates that your guild friend and friends-of-a-friend are probably full of it. Probably. External beta testing does not occur before a game is officially announced.

DracoSuave

First Post
Anyone ever play the original Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation? That is -perfect- for a 4e CRPG. You can have a battlegrid, turn-based combat, and squad-based tactics in a video game. It's been done plenty of times before.

Just so long as they never allow the design team that made D&D Tactics to EVER design another D&D game again.

God damn that game was far worse than it had to be.

Turtlejay

First Post
Ogre Battle might be a better template. Build your teams of PC's from your stable of available options, and send them all over the map/world doing your bidding. Could be fun.

Jay

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads