• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is your name unique?

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Is your screen name only used by you? Have you ever run into an impostor?

I know that there is at least one other Dr. Awkward out there, probably several. Every once in a while when I register for some website or try to register my nick on an IRC channel, I get rebuffed by the server because the name is already taken. This annoys me, because then I have to come up with some other name which I will forget and lose, so later on I have to re-register and come up with another name, etc.

Fortunately, my name is enshrined here for all time, but when I find another Dr. Awkward, I usually think, "thief! Give me back my name, jerk!"

reveal

Adventurer
I've never run across another reveal on other messageboards and I very rarely can't use it to register for online stuff.

My name came from an episode of Sealab 2021... kind of an obscure reference...

I've never had any trouble registering it anywhere and never seen another Queen Dopplepopolis.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Oh I think someone spoofed me in the chat room during the first weeks it was open, but I think the guy was just goofing around.

I've had plenty of times where I couldn't register for jdyal. But that might just be my brother Joseph beating me to it. I don't think I've ever had trouble registering for joshuadyal as a username.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads