Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The markets of this busy port are filled with all manner of goods and Michael makes his selections and haggles for some deals. He is able to get all the trade goods he wants. Returning to the ship he finds that all is in order.

OOC: I read over the four lands posts. Nice job!

J. Alexander

First Post
The Ship

ARriving back at the ship, Michael will order that the ship be made ready to sail the day after tomorrow and that all leaves will end at sundown that evening, He will then inform the officers that the crewman will be released tomorrow and for them to pass the word to the crew. He will not go into detail other than to say "It was an interesting negiogaton" He will then spend his time observing the young men he has recruited seeing if any catch his eye...

OCC: Thanks hope they did not sound to meta gaming.....i still have some tweaking to do but I think it will allow for a fresh start as the old threads have been more or less comleted.

Scotley

Hero
Happy Easter!

OOC: So, where is Michael at experience point wise? I think it is about time for a level. His various negotiations and maneuvering should be worth a good bit. What's the current total?

The Retribution sails early on the second day to best catch the tide. Another day and a half of sailing should clear the last of the Crosscroft Isles. Meanwhile Giuseppe and
Marjory York are at the rail looking seaward. The young lady is most excited to be moving again. Grond reported that she has been very restless while in port.

The ship feels crowded with all the new recruits aboard and the extra water and supplies needed for the long cold journey to Icewatch. It isn't clear if there is really a chill in the air or if the thought of the cold north is making gooseflesh on Michaela's arm. Nac'Losin seems to be feeling it too as she comes by in a heavy woolen cloak sipping from a mug of steaming tea.

The new crew men brought in by Barnaby White seem able and most of the ones hired in the Capital do as well. The pair of young midshipmen continue to joke with each other as they go about their work. The half-giants recruited by Grond are more reserved. Most of them had never seen a ship before joining up and they are still getting used to it even after the voyage up from the Bronhelm.

The ship feels sluggish under the weight of extra supplies and the wind isn't as favorable as might be desired, but you are moving at least. The sky is clear to the horizon in every direction. Of course that could change quickly out here so far from the inner sea.

Just at dawn next day a large merchantman badly battered by storms and missing a mainmast is towed along south by a navy boat. The sight makes the crew somber serving as a stark reminder of the hazards to come.

Grumbar produces mounds of flapjacks with fresh blackberries and strong coffee to lighten the mood.

OOC: Any actions?

J. Alexander

First Post
At Sea

I think that will put Michael and company at 14 level i cant access his sheet just now but i think he was at 13....or very close to it

No not really......i am reading old post trying to recollect my train of thought etc.......but he will order a signal to the passing ships inquiring if they need any assistance, medical supplies etc"

J. Alexander

First Post
"Signal our consent please" Michael says..then he says "Pass the word for the Priestess there may be wounded" Captain Mangrum assemble a work detail in case they need aid"

Scotley

Hero
A man steps to the prow of the other ship and making an arcane gesture, his cloak shimmers and turns into a pair of large wings. He quickly covers the distance between the two ships and settles smoothly onto the deck nearby. The wings furl and appear to be nothing more than a fine cloak again. "Thank you for seeing me Captain. I am Commander Becket, Executive Officer, of the Northern Star. Could we speak privately?"

J. Alexander

First Post
"Yes of course" Michale replies.."if you would please follow me"...the as he walks away he will tell one of the young men he recruited..."Bring us hot tea and coffeee please and what else master grumbar thinks will go with it"

Remove ads