Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
"I and the Empire could ask no more Captain. I am most pleased to have your assistance in this project. Now if I may be so bold, I would ask for your tale sir. What can you tell me of the Northmen, in particular what they seem to be doing and how. In return I will share some things I have learned."

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will relate to the man the events of Mermaids Rest and of the subsgent dwarven entaglements and the attack by the iceberg...he will not mention the daggrs ets..

Scotley

Hero
Commander Becket remains silent through most of the story interrupting only a couple of times to clarify points. Once you have concluded he speaks. "A most interesting tale. Captain Marin is a good man loyal to Empire and Church. I would say that his interest in the matter put you in the path of great trouble, but you gave better than you got. If I didn't already know a good bit about the happenings at Mermaid's Rest I surely would not believe such an incredible tale." He pauses for a drink and continues. "Now what can I tell you? The northmen are a diverse and independent people normally, but we have reason to believe there is a dark cult of necromancers in the far frozen north. Their leaders have used their arts to become powerful undead. It seems that they have of late take an interest in the wider world. My mission is to determine what has stirred them up and what their ultimate aim is. To learn as much as we can about these dark necromancers and perhaps find a weakness that we can exploit. Clearly, the plot you've uncovered and largely thwarted was directed at the Empire. I am forced to admit that launching a military strike into the far north would be very difficult. Any information you turn up would of course be greatly appreciated."

J. Alexander

First Post
Snap Decision

Pausing in though briefly Michael will come to a decsion based upon his ethic..fortune favors teh bold..."Commander" he says "I do not know you but I am going to take a leap of faith and trust you as if you were one of my close councilors...While i told you the story I did not tell you what we found and now have in our posession" Michael will then tell him about the daggers the lich and their attempts at trying to recover the dagers..

Scotley

Hero
"Gods!" He shudders, "you may have faces one of their ancient ones directly." He gulps his drink. "So where are these mysterious daggers from hell now?"

J. Alexander

First Post
"Well enough of the doom and gloom for this evening" Michael says.."Why dont you check on your crew and we can share more information as time permits"..Michael will then call for someone to escourt the commander to his men and the roooms set aside..he will the call for nickolas and tell him to keep an eye on them........he will also order and extra squad to be on alert thruought the night...

Scotley

Hero
Micheal finds his sleep disturbed by visions of alternating darkness and the blinding brightness of endless snow. He wakes to a jarring course change as the ship abruptly heels over. Jumping up he sees the first glow of sunrise at the horizon. There is action on deck as ropes creak and sails snap. Then ship settles back down into the normal roll of the sea. An ensign comes to report that a small iceberg appeared in Retribution's path in the early morning light necessitating the sudden course change. Extra lookouts have been sent aloft and to the bow.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will order a pot of tea for himeself and after dressing and taking his morning shower will ask the priestess to join him. Once she arrives he will share with the the commanders story etc and information "Madam, I sense wheels within wheels her..yet i do not know the pattern......we have taken the steps we know of to best protect the ship but I think more is in order...If it is permissable I wish you to go thruouth the ship and bless and rtually cleanse each room and set such wards you deem fit to protect us from outside infulences......further i wish you to take an extradionary step and I will perfectly understand if you refuse...I wish you to conscreate a portion of this ship either the quarterdeck or some other area that we can use as a last redoubt should things go ill with us........I know it is much to ask but my heart tells me it may very well be necessary.."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases