Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The lad nods and scampers off, while Becket follows. "Thank you for your time Captain. I am about to tell you some things in confidence. Things that must remain secret. Can I have your word on that? You see I'm going to ask you for a favor on behalf of the Empire."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Yes of course you have my word it shall go no further than our conversation" Michael says.."As to the favor I can not commit until i have heard what you had to say and had a few moments to think about it...but my gut tells me it concides with my own reasons for being here"

Scotley

Hero
"Of course I will not try to compel you to commit without having heard what I propose. I merely think it important to have some secrecy." At this point the young midshipman brings in a tray from the kitchen. It seems Grumbar was baking pastries today. For the tray contains tulip shaped thin pastries rich with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Good tea recently acquired from the halflings accompanies it. "Ah Captain I cannot fault your hospitality. Now as to the matter at hand. My ship, the Northern Star, is in fact chartered by the Imperial Navy. Unfortunately, we fell afoul of bad weather and bad luck and were unable to make Icewatch. I fear that by the time repairs are made it will be too late to make the trip until next season. I was beginning to dispair when I spotted your ship. I find it interesting indeed that your name features prominently in the report that accompanies my orders for this mission. For I sense you are the same Captain Michael Stormwarden who was so recently at Mermaid's Rest?"

J. Alexander

First Post
"Yes indeed. I was there during a most unahppy circumstance" pausing he says.."If not for my crew and some very brave patrons of the masque I may well not be alive today"

Scotley

Hero
"The information I have says you came out fairly well all things considered. We're still trying to clean up that mess. Anyway, the important thing is that you are no friend of the Northmen." He pauses to sample the pastry. "Now, I expect you are going North toward Icewatch, what other reason is there to be out here. I was trying to put some men there. Can I convince you to take me and three others north with you? I don't have much to offer you, but perhaps you'd accept a small token in payment and the good will of the Imperial Office of External Threats?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Listening to the man Michael will comment after he is finished in a decesive manner "Done..but what payment is offered I must defer and ask you to bonus yoruself and your men with it.it is going to be a dangerous journey" then taking a sip of tea Michael add's.."I will be blunt with you though..I keep my advisors well informed they are my strenght and backup so if there is a problem with this or information you wish not to share then you may do so and I will respect the confidence..but I ask that you treat them with at least politness regardless of their race"

:):):):) :):):):) :):):):)

Scotley

Hero
"Very good Captain, my people and I will cause you no trouble. You can simply tell your advisers that we are a political delegation if you wish. I understand that this will be a difficult voyage. We've already failed once after all. If you need us we'll lend a hand, but otherwise you can count on us to stay out of the way. Will that suffice?"

Scotley

Hero
Brushing some pastry crumbs from his fingers, he pauses to consider. "Well, it would be best if we managed to slip one or two of my men ashore without it being known. An undercover man as it were. I and another will be there in a more open way, but it would be helpful to have someone there that isn't being watched. Perhaps if they could slip in among the goods being offloaded?" Taking another bite he adds, "My complements to your galley Captain. I've been living on ships biscuits and salt fish for the last two weeks."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Yes he is a god send on occasion" Michale comments.."All you ask for sir can be readily accomplished i look forward to assisting you in anyway i can" Michale will then give orders for the limted space aboard the ship to be even further limited so as to give the man and his crew a small room.

Remove ads