• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire Part 1, to Mermaid's Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hmmmm 20 vs. 6 that means Rook got hit really hard. :eek:

Rook, startled by the Gnoll's sudden change in tactics, is unable to mount an effective counterattack. The Gnoll plows in with overwhealming force and Rook is propelled backward off the dock and into the side (1d6=3) of the ship that walls the alley (non-leathal damage). He slides into the sea water. With a laugh the Gnoll turns to attack the old sailor once more.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Rook

OK, Rook will scurry back up to the top of the pier (Climb Check: 1d20+6, getting [13,6] = (19) ought to do it) and tumbles to attack the Gnoll from behind as it moves toward the Darkness and his friend.

OOC: Scott, I'll leave it to you to decide how much gets done before the Gnoll makes it to Radoon. It ought to be his turn now anyway, if he chooses to act. Of course, he could just continue to hide in the Darkness . . .

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Rook starts working his way back onto the pier, so Radoon is up. I think the Gnoll will only get one round before Rook can attack. The water just isn't that far from the dock.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry, but called shots are not an option under the current rules and all suits of armor are assumed to include head protection. With 4 attacks you should get lucky once anyway.

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon - Mariner/Fighter/Master Thrower

will I be able to stay out of his range and still throw daggers this round, if not I might as well just attack rather than throw them.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: You can attack now, and then he'll close to within 10' to Pole axe you. My recommendation would be to toss your daggers then step 5' back further into the darkness to make it harder on him.

Let me ammend that, if you can take one more round hand to hand with him then Rook will be on the other side of him and you'll each get a +2 for flanking.

mleibrock

First Post

I can't last in hand to hand with him so I will take your suggestion. Rook will get no flanking bonus if I am laying on the ground unconcious.

to hit with ad. dagger (1d20+7=19, 1d20+7=12) Opps, one roll should be lower, as I have only one d. dagger to throw, not that it matters...

to hit with other daggers (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=16)

all misses, so I will step back intot he darkness.

As Monty Python would say... "Run away!!"

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Bummer out of eight thrown daggers I would have expected at least one and just based on the odd two, to have been in the 16 to 20 range. Oh well, maybe Rook will have better luck.

A hail of daggers comes from the darkness yet the Gnoll continues on unskathed. He swings the pole axe 1d20+6=19, 1d20+1=8, but the darkness foils his attack on Radoon.

OOC: Rook is closing in from behind. By the time he reaches the Gnoll it has just entered the area of darkness.

mleibrock

First Post

It is just evening out, I had some really good rolls in the fight on the ship and in the alley. Sucks now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads