Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

OOC - Thanks Todd, but I may not make it another round, I'll understand if you want to change your action. If not, all the better...I think I'm gonna try and grapple the count.

Scotley

Hero
Radoon is hit with the full force of the nephew's cold blast and he feels very weakened from the hit. He will move behind the tree to give him partial cover (A8)

Seeing his daggers not do much damage, Radoon will concentrate his throws at the nephew and launch only one from each hand.

One of the daggers strikes the younger foe, but seems to do little damage. The holy water seemed to be much more effective than daggers...

Radoon feels a surge of strength as his old muscles, powered by Geoffrey's divine magic, regain the vigor of youth.

Zurrik feels the cold as it just misses him.

Changing targets, from Warlock's Edge, Zurrik hurls a Sickening Eldritch Blast at the Nephew, which strikes him full in the chest and while it does visible harm to him, he is not sickened by it. (immune to effects that require a fort save.)

H'Roosh steels his mighty Will against the vampire's draining attack, deftly slips his opening punch and returns with a volley of punches and kicks of his own. He finds the first blow to be his most effective, but it doesn't have anywhere near the effect he had hoped.

For his action, Gnurl assaults the Count with his favorite spell: Phantasmal Killer! Unfortunately, the spell doesn't even make the Count flinch. The words of a long ago lecture in necromany 101 class returns to Gnurl...

[sblock=Gnurl]Undead Traits: The undead are immune to mind-affecting effects, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and any effect that requires a Fortitude save unless it also works on objects or is harmless. He is not subject to critical hits, nonlethal
damage, ability damage to his physical ability scores,
ability drain, energy drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or death
from massive damage.

Since Phantasmal Killer is mind-affecting, has a death effect, and requires Fort save I'd say this is three strikes and you're out.[/sblock]

The Count tosses a couple more punches (1d20+12=13, 1d20+12=19) at H'Roosh, but again somehow misses. H'Roosh sees that the wounds he just inflicted heal up before his eyes. H'Roosh and Gnurl continue to feel an unpleasant negative energy that saps their will (DC 18 Will save or lose 1 point of wisdom.)

The Count's Nephew uses a second wand, this time pointed at Zurrik. He feels a numbness in the limbs as the spell reaches him. (DC 19 Will save or be paralyzed.) This foe too seems to heal some of his wounds.

Initiative:
Radoon 23
Geoffrey 12
Zurrik 7
H'Roosh 5
Gnurl 4
Enemy 1

Attachments

• Stand the master.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 87

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil HP 40/54 (66) AC 25 (T15/FF23) Con 12/14

Feeling the heaviness of his arms, Zurrik grits his teeth, shrugs off the effects of the wand, and sends a maximized and empowered naked Eldritch Blast at the nephew. The blast hits the nephew square in the chest.

[sblock=OOC and rolls]
DC19 Will Save v wand: 1d20+7 → [14,7] = (21)

Ranged Touch Attack: 1d20+12 → [18,12] = (30)

Damage: 42+7d6/2 = 56

Uses left of Least Iron Ward Diamond 7/10 for the day
Uses left of Lesser Crystal of Lifedrinking 10/10 for the day.
Use left of Third Eye Crystal 1/1 for the day.
Uses left of Maximized EB 1/3 for the day
Uses left of Empowered EB 1/3 for the day

Zurrik is currently DR 1/cold iron + DR 1/-

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

The apparent ineffectiveness of his blows shakes H'Roosh, and he begins to question the wisdom of this course (Will Save (1d20+13=14)). Thinking quickly, the nimble monk deftly dodges (1d20+11=31) the Count's attacks as he pulls a potion from his sack and applies it quickly to his hands.

[sblock=Scotley]Not sure of the mechanics here - Tumble allows movement while avoiding AoO's. The intent is to stay in range while dodging around blows and applying Silversheen. Monks being what they are, it seems like this would be reasonable and it seemed like good theatrics, but if not he'll simply take a 5' step back to be out of range while he applies it.[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Scotley]Not sure of the mechanics here - Tumble allows movement while avoiding AoO's. The intent is to stay in range while dodging around blows and applying Silversheen. Monks being what they are, it seems like this would be reasonable and it seemed like good theatrics, but if not he'll simply take a 5' step back to be out of range while he applies it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mowgli]Hmm, I never thought about using tumble in place. I'll let it stand for now, but I suspect that allowing it would have some long term balance issues. Silversheen will be most helpful.[/sblock]

Remove ads