• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

J. Alexander

First Post
With a puzzled expression Geoffrey comments "Why the need to go to the temple to buy potions.....there are plenty aboard the "Sun" as one of our primary missions is as a hospital ship for disaster relife..you are more than welcome to as many potions as you would like from our stores..."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Sorry guys, I've been busy and when I do find time to get online, EN World doesn't want to play nice. I tried for nearly an hour last night to post.

Any further preparations you'd like to make before setting off to the Boarder Isles to confront the Lich and his massive army of evil creatures? If so just put them in an sblock as I'd like to get things moving again while I can get online.

Scotley

Hero
The Morning Tide

The Construct crew scurries about the decks of the Crest Dancer making ready to set sail on the morning tide. The Radiant Sun also makes ready to sail. Marianna comes aboard and gives Radoon a hug. "Good luck my friends. I wish I were going with you, but Captain Marin and his son need me here. He wishes you great success." She brings out a packet. "I baked some cookies for you." She clearly finds it hard to leave, but the time comes and with a final kiss for Radoon she jumps back to the docks and helps you cast off. She waits on the dock until you sail out of the harbor and can no longer see her. The port is bustling with activity and many ships are coming and going, but Captain Swabby and his mates are up to the task and guide the ship smartly among the traffic. The Radiant Sun is more challenging to handle, but then with her size and reputation all but the biggest slowest vessels give way before her. The day is clear and a good wind is blowing, but the clouds to the south look ominous. Checking the Druids' almanac you see that no foul weather is planned for the next couple of days.

The first day passes uneventfully, though the clouds continue to swell as the day wears on.

OOC: Spot checks for those taking a watch during the night. Geoffrey Roll 3 d20s for the Radiant Sun please.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp76/76,AC23

Gnurl will take a holiday from watching, if that's ok, to get lots of good sleep for spell power.

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik turns in early and then watches the rest of the night. The watch finds Zurrik a friendly if somewhat eccentric companion. He seems to randomly draw his sword as he stares into the night. After a bit, he shethes the sword and moves down the rail.

OOC: Spot Check 19, using detect magic

[sblock=roll and comment]
spot chk (1d20+2=19)
Zurrik draws Warlock's Edge at any sign of unusual activity to gain the initiative bonus if need. This leads to his bizarre behavior witnessed by the watch.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
H'Roosh

H'Roosh takes his turn on the watch the first evening, his keen eyes augmented by his intimate knowledge of the sea as he looks for trouble.

[sblock=Spot Check/Missing Post]Spot Check (1d20+12=27)

ENWorld seems to have misplaced the post in which H'Roosh diplomatically welcomed Gnurl back into the party while asking him very nicely not to do it again (as it shakes H'Roosh's confidence in the nature of their partnership) - I wrote it, and posted it, right after Gnurl's turnabout but it ain't there now![/sblock]

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

With a puzzled expression Geoffrey comments "Why the need to go to the temple to buy potions.....there are plenty aboard the "Sun" as one of our primary missions is as a hospital ship for disaster relife..you are more than welcome to as many potions as you would like from our stores..."

"That is most kind of you!"
Since Radoon is sailing with Geoffrey, he will saunter with him sometime during the day and pick up 3 cure moderate potions.

"I will happily make a donation to the church when I come into some more funds. On another note, I am curious, when you said to H'Roosh you had no opinion in reference to our ventures with The Crestdancer, does that mean you are not interested in your share of the ship or it's profits either? I am only asking as I do not want there to be any more confusion in the future."

As the ships prepare to leave Radoon will help Geoffrey or more appropriately, his crew, where he can but he is obviously trying to perform work that will not take him out of the vicinity of M. He holds her tight when she hugs him and whispers, "I'll see you soon and send word if I can"

OOC - Scott, can we assume Radoon was able to visit a glassblower and have 20 vials made?

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Zurrik turns in early and then watches the rest of the night. The watch finds Zurrik a friendly if somewhat eccentric companion. He seems to randomly draw his sword as he stares into the night. After a bit, he shethes the sword and moves down the rail.

OOC: Spot Check 19, using detect magic

[sblock=roll and comment]
spot chk (1d20+2=19)
Zurrik draws Warlock's Edge at any sign of unusual activity to gain the initiative bonus if need. This leads to his bizarre behavior witnessed by the watch.[/sblock]

Radoon would like to spend some time on watch with Zurrik to get to know him better. We are both on Geoffrey's ship correct?

spot check (1d20 5=13)

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling hp76/76,AC23

[sblock=Spot Check/Missing Post]Spot Check (1d20+12=27)ENWorld seems to have misplaced the post in which H'Roosh diplomatically welcomed Gnurl back into the party while asking him very nicely not to do it again (as it shakes H'Roosh's confidence in the nature of their partnership)[/sblock]
Gnurl looks very abashed, blushes deeply, and says, "Yes, you are absolutely right! Curse these fits of insanity!"

Remove ads