• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ISRP Chat Moving Off Wizards' Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

amryll

First Post
a couple of questions- first off, is wizards getting rid of all chat? if not the ISRPers could just take over one of the other rooms. next is this new chat going to have the same structure, rules, setting, mods that kinda thing. i have played on yahoos rooms and it is totaly free form and it was ok for a while then it went down hill with all the different fighting styles and range of characters. the fighting style on here was one of the main reasons for me playing, even though i have been in 3 fights in the whole time i been coming here.
if everything is going to be the same and its just going to be on a new site it shouldnt be a problem, but if they are going to change it and it gets to be anything like the yahoo rooms, i dont think i will play on it anymore, which saddens me greatly, as the last few weeks i have really started to play on here regularly,and i will miss it.
also i have seen at least one wizo as not a wizo, would this all be why for the dropping of the title?
this doesnt seem like such a great idea, dropping the ISRP to me and i am generaly fairly good about predicting such things, lot of good it will do.
as i said this all saddens me, and it looks like more than a few people are going to stop playing, i would just like to say it has been a pleasure having the chance to play will all of you.

Elf_Ariel

First Post
*Mild sigh*

Now here's a way to ruin my day :p. First of all I get the sad news that my lil evening relaxation is possibly drawing to it's end, then I have to wade through everyone else feeling as upset as me.

I am impressed about ISRP being moved instead of ditched, and would love to help with the new ISRP chat thingy, but I lack any great skill I might bring, so I'll leave it all to the pros aka you guys n girls.

But hey, no grudges, no worries. To quote a favourtie: "So long and thanks for all the fish."

Q

Qijdi_Goldwing

One more thing... It is my advice to the team that a semi-permenant link leading to the new halls of ISRP should be placed when the section is removed... this could go a small way to the relief of others..... and would not be remiss.... as you all have been in so dropping ISRP in the first place... No offense, but that is not a very bright decision. Furthermore, those who return after long persiods of absence like Avalanchrider and a few others would be able to easily find the new home, possibly not being as peeved and crushed that the site is missing...

I am very honored and gratified that Raven has the hudspah and kohonis(sp) to receive the rod and run with it, this speaks most highly.... again I also thank Hasbro for releasing the software for use at the new site... It is the ONLY RIGHT THING TO DO and serves to raise a faint glimmer to an otherwise quenched flayme of trust for your company.

For those who don't know.. Avalanchrider is the one who picked up the " No Fighting " sign all those yonks ago when the tavern was " Displaced. " I was there that day and inspecting the grounds I, having picked up a fragment of BG for storage.

Qij

S

Skiriki

WizO_Raven said:
Stay tuned.
Question: any chance that this new chat allows us to connect with our own IRC clients instead of using some bizarro Java-hacks?

If the answer is 'yes', then WOHOO!

That's all I really care about. :cheer:

WotC_Mel

First Post
Qijdi_Goldwing said:
One more thing... It is my advice to the team that a semi-permenant link leading to the new halls of ISRP should be placed when the section is removed...

There will be redirections from the current chat pages to the new host at least until the end of 2005 and probably beyond. I certainly hope that ISRP can thrive and grow as the players want it to out from under the constraints that Wizards required and would be glad to send anyone looking for IC chat to its new home.

-Melanie

Dontella

First Post
*blinks, sneaks away from work a bit, and boggles*

To Begin..

Thank you, to all the folks who have been with us through the long hard years, and have helped to encourage and inspire us all to new heights of play and RP. It is all of you, who I have played and talked with, spent time with, that are the reason I continued to return..

Thanks to all the staff who wanted to see Wizards through, and Thank you Adele, for taking all the time and effort to help us live in our dreams and fantasies..

Thank you Raven.. more than you know. Thank you for taking us forward, and allowing all our works effort and energy to endure..

Now Then..

I thought the ISRP community was a community led by persons who were all over the age of 18.

Persons who are considered adults, and as such ought to behave as adults would when faced with a situation that is daunting to them..

But The maturity level is severly lacking.. I can see.

Yes, we objected to the new software. And let's face reality, it was awful!

We hated it, most of us still do. And yes we raised objections, questions and many concerns regarding the change..

But Instead of dealing with our concerns, and dealing with the fact that the software purchased was not what was promised..

Instead of dealing with the issues as a mature and reasoning adult would..

Temper tantrums are thrown, and all of us here in the ISRP are removed from site.

After all, we can't complain and protest if you get rid of us.

If you have a problem, just silence it, instead of fixing it. Isn't that right?

Seems more like small children on the playground would do, than a group of mature and level headed adults who are in charge of public relations and services for a major corporation..

But hey.. Just keep silencing us.

Just keep removing us.

Just keep your fits of temper and tantrum..

It's not like there is a business involved..

It's not like we are customers, because yes, alot of us in the ISRP realm do buy gaming supplies.. odd.. gamers buy gaming books and materials....

It's not like as customers we are now being pushed aside and ignored..

Yeah, smart choice.

EDIT: As a long time contributor and patron.. allow me to say the following..
All maps, banners, adventures and the like, that I have submitted to the Wizards.COM site, for use.. I am hereby revoking.

All my creations are property of my intellectual domain, and as such I am recalling them.

If Raven wishes to use them, and the new hosts on the new site, I would be glad to let them have them..

But Wizards.COM no longer has right to them. This includes: TMP Banner, TMP Maps, Guardian Games.. and any other contributions I may have submitted..

As an adult allow me to say, since the site is going down and being cast aside.. then there is no longer any need to retain the use of my work. As such I am revoking permission, and handing it over to the new hosts, who may put it to use still.

Andion Isurand

First Post
It would be interesting to see ISRP given its own domain address in any case. I would also like to propose there be a new ISRP mailing list created, so that announcements and other such things can reach everyone who wants to stay in touch.

As long as ISRP and its members remain, what does it matter who supports us? We can support ourselves.

W

WizO_Pounamu

Heya folks,

First off I'd better say I haven't had time to read everything. Ok? Sorry. Busy morning and I'm late... lol

Many ISRP wizos, not just Raven and myself, are planning on moving over to whereever our continued isp will be. We wil no longer be employees of WotC but will continue our jobs by the grace of whoever's hosting it. ;)

No, I'm afraid ISRPers cannot simply take over the remaining WotC chat which will be the RPG Live section, including their rooms and event stages. Reason? Because its unfair on our colleagues (currently) who work in that section, unfair on the players who really do only know RPG Live and you can get booted or banned from it if you repeatedly get yourself in trouble there.

Andion, there was an isrp mailing list.. I think it still exists but no one ever uses it. When we move it will probably end. Someone could look into creating a new one.

Remember everyone, breathe! We have escaped certain death. Keep it together.

- Pounamu

M

Michael_Morris

If you're still reading this thread Mel plz check your email. Thx.

B

Bhryn Astairre

For a while, it was good...it was fun, you guys. :) I don't think anyone would or could ever ask for more.

I just have to go and tug down all that poetry I did, now!! :p

Grawr and stuff.

B xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads