• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

It usually starts with a dinner party

Masleh

First Post
JonnyFive said:
All fixed up, i think
I droped the heavy armor proficency for the d12 hit die. I'd like to take the 1'st level warforged fighter substutution from races of eberron(pg130).

I've run the math, Ax looks good to be posted on the RG

Masleh

First Post
JimAde said:
Added description and background on Caspar, but I didn't go into how he got to Eberron. Masleh, I purposely left an outsider hook at the end of the background, if you think it's appropriate to tie into how he got here. If not, I'll be glad to change things. Let me know.

I also need the information on the Aberrant dragonmark. Thanks.

Perfect on the descrition, I think it gives me exactly the way I wanted, and even adds a few ideas to how the campaign will turn out. Occasionally I might ask for details about your campaign world, this okay?

As for the Abberant Mark, I was thinking something like this, since you want something that'll have social as well as game effects.

Mark of Forces
1/day you may sense elements as a Shugenja of eighth level. At the cost of one action point, no more then twice per day, you may cast charm monster on elementals only as a sorceror of eighth level.

This will allow you an ability of occassional use, and an imporant ability when the time calls for it. Elementals are vital in the command of many of Eberrons more powerful modes of magical transportation (the Airsihps, Lightning Rail, and Wind Galleon) are all linked with elemental entities, your charming there of should allow you occassional but limited command of such things if the need arises.

Masleh

First Post
IcyCool said:
As far as the vision is concerned, I'd prefer it to be one that suits the campaign. Was everything in the backstory acceptable? I tried to make him somebody important, and yet able to get out and about if needed.

okay, your prophecy will be revealed in the intro post when we start the game (November 2nd looks like)

Dracomeander

First Post
Masleh said:
Just so you know, we'll be playing in a wilderness setting as well as a city one, so regular ranger will be just as viable as Urban ranger, though both (perhaps one as a NPC guide) will probably be neccessary as we venture further into the campaign.

Okay, I belive I know the group you're talking about now (I don't own races of Eberron, but have a passing familiarity with it) they're probably the best bet as far as contacts or patrons go in Sharn.

Given you grew up in Sharn and have sufficiently high abilities it's likely that you have more then the usual knowledge about what goes on behind the closed doors of the Reidra embassay and its ...other activities. How much is your DM okay with me giving away over the course of the adventure, or even what knowledge your character begins knowing?

I'll stick with the Urban Ranger variant. The information gathering and urban tracking are more appropriate for the social type of enemies Korantash is choosing for his favored enemies. Besides, the Psion(Nomad) has Survival as a class skill so he can gain proficiency in the wilderness later if it becomes necessary.

My PnP DMs trust us not to use out of character knowledge, they just don't want us to have the books to reference in case they want to change things around. The DM with the greatest restrictions is the one this game will probably impact least as all the characters but mine just went into epic levels.

Any information appropriate for my character to know is fair game.
For Masleh only...
[Sblock]One thing my character in our low level game has already discovered is a tenuous link between the drug Dream Lily and the Dreaming Dark as the drug makes people more susceptible to possession, especially by quori spirits.[/Sblock]

I will start posting the mechanics portion of the character soon while we continue to work out the background.

Dracomeander

First Post
You put (sblock) and (/sblock) replacing the ( ) with [ ] at the beginning and end respectively of the text you want hidden in the spoiler.

JimAde

First Post
Masleh said:
Perfect on the descrition, I think it gives me exactly the way I wanted, and even adds a few ideas to how the campaign will turn out. Occasionally I might ask for details about your campaign world, this okay?

As for the Abberant Mark, I was thinking something like this, since you want something that'll have social as well as game effects.

Mark of Forces
1/day you may sense elements as a Shugenja of eighth level. At the cost of one action point, no more then twice per day, you may cast charm monster on elementals only as a sorceror of eighth level.

This will allow you an ability of occassional use, and an imporant ability when the time calls for it. Elementals are vital in the command of many of Eberrons more powerful modes of magical transportation (the Airsihps, Lightning Rail, and Wind Galleon) are all linked with elemental entities, your charming there of should allow you occassional but limited command of such things if the need arises.

Perfect. I take it Sense Elements allows me to sense the presence of magical elemental forces (like spells and actual elementals) in a manner similar to a Detect Magic spell? I love the charm elemental bit. If you'll let me tweak my spell list I think I'll try to sneak a Summon Monster III in there so I can reinforce the elemental theme.

Masleh

First Post
JonnyFive said:
All fixed up, i think
I droped the heavy armor proficency for the d12 hit die. I'd like to take the 1'st level warforged fighter substutution from races of eberron(pg130).

Ack, can't believe I missed this the 1st time around. The fighter revision is in place to keep options available to what I felt is an otherwise flavor stale class. Anyway the options are only two

Option #1- All fighter statistics remain the same, but your HD is changed to a D12

Option #2- Heavy armor prof. is dropped, increase skill points /level to 4+int /level and add two additional class skills of your choice.

Really this only means you retain your heavy armor prof. when you take a d12 HD which doesn't really affect your since you'll be using your monk abilities for AC anyway.

Can you tell me what the fighter substitution level does, I don't own Races of Eberron.

Last edited:

Masleh

First Post
JimAde said:
Perfect. I take it Sense Elements allows me to sense the presence of magical elemental forces (like spells and actual elementals) in a manner similar to a Detect Magic spell? I love the charm elemental bit. If you'll let me tweak my spell list I think I'll try to sneak a Summon Monster III in there so I can reinforce the elemental theme.

That's pretty similar, I'll see if I can find the exact language used in CD so you can know exactly what it does.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads