It's a Drizzt! "Timeless" - New Drizzt Do'Urden Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

*Deleted by user*

smiteworks

Explorer
I immensely liked the Dark Elf Trilogy and pretty much everything with Artemis Entreri. The later series where Artemis had to adjust to being an aging human assassin were really pretty good IMO. His reflexes had dulled considerably with age but he was able to make up for it with wisdom that came along with it.

g4m3kn1ght

First Post
I hope this one is a bit more upbeat than the last few. They had their glimmers but he seemed to lose a lot of the fun and swashbuckling feel the older books had. I for one hope some goofy dwarves accompany Drizz't Time Bandits style.

jgsugden

Legend
If this is going to be set across time, with flashbacks or part of the story taking place in Drizzt's father's youth, I wonder if he'll try to evoke the feel of AD&D for those stories rather than the more modern rule sets - with powerful spellcasters, etc...

gyor

Legend
This is the first I've heard; say what you will about Driz'zt, but WotC getting an outsourced partner for new novels is big.

Exactly, even if you don't like Drizzt, this is awesome news! I wonder what other writers they will tap.

This is WAY, WAY, WAY bigger news then MGTF which is small patatoes compared to the return of the novel line.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I read almost all the Drizzt books. I think I stopped before Archmage, in part because I find books set heavily in Drow society to be my least favorite ones.

So I'll probably skip this one.

That being said I'm glad they are making new books! I look forward to more!

I immensely liked the Dark Elf Trilogy and pretty much everything with Artemis Entreri. The later series where Artemis had to adjust to being an aging human assassin were really pretty good IMO. His reflexes had dulled considerably with age but he was able to make up for it with wisdom that came along with it.

Which were those Artemis ones, thanks?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Exactly, even if you don't like Drizzt, this is awesome news! I wonder what other writers they will tap.

This is WAY, WAY, WAY bigger news then MGTF which is small patatoes compared to the return of the novel line.
The way WotC kept talking about the novel plans was like they were waiting for a deal to go through before talking openly.

And working with the largest publisher in the world us a coup.

Remove ads

Remove ads