It's a Drizzt! "Timeless" - New Drizzt Do'Urden Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

*Deleted by user*

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
R.A. Salvatore reveals the Underdark anew through the eyes of Zaknafein and Jarlaxle - an introduction to the darkness that offers a fresh view of the opportunities to be found in the shadows and an intriguing prelude to the intriguing escapes that lie ahead in the modern-day Forgotten Realms. Here, a father and his son are reunited and embark on adventures that parallel the trials of centuries long past as the friends of old are joined by Drizzt, Hero of the North, trained by Grandmaster Kane in the ways of the monk.

It would be fun to see Zaknafein trying to adjust to life on the surface (or indeed in Menzoberanzan) so long after his death. It would also be amusing to see him not be as "good" as Drizzt remembers ;)

Cergorach

The Laughing One
I remember liking the Drizzt books, I don't know if they aged well, it's been a while. BUT his Demonwars trilogy... The second book I started skipping sections, something I almost never do! But eventually I actually closed the book before I finished it "No more!", something I have never intentionally done with books I intend to read and have never done since. And I read a LOT, some of it not good, but this was painful to read... And I've read plays in old English...

Nevvur

Explorer
"...Drizzt, Hero of the North, trained by Grandmaster Kane in the ways of the monk."

Wait, he's a monk now, too?

<swoon> Oh Drizzles, is there nothing you can't do?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
"...Drizzt, Hero of the North, trained by Grandmaster Kane in the ways of the monk."

Wait, he's a monk now, too?

<swoon> Oh Drizzles, is there nothing you can't do?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become a multiclass character.

Pjack

Explorer
This is the exact same release date as the as-yet-unnamed D&D hardcover adventure, codenamed "Broadway". Makes me think the novel and adventure will be tied together in some way; perhaps dealing with the aftermath of the demonic incursions from the Out of the Abyss storyline.

MxBaticeer

Villager
I kind of dropped out of the Drizzt books after a certain point and probably won't get this one but if this is the first of more D&D novels in general, I'm pleased.

Call me if they get Erin Evans to write more Farideh books...!

Zarithar

Adventurer
Just because I love me some Abercrombie ,George R.R. Martain, Lawrence and all the rest doesn't mean I don't have a spot for Salvatore on my shelf.

Amen... I'm in the same boat. There's a lot of elitist snobbishness going on here. I love Salvatore's Realms novels. Now, if only Paul S. Kemp would come back with some new Erevis Cale stories...

Remove ads

Remove ads