It's a Drizzt! "Timeless" - New Drizzt Do'Urden Trilogy by R.A. Salvatore

Matt Adler

Villager
The thing I want to know is will it just be for the Drizzt novels or will there be other FR novels?
They are probably waiting to see how the Drizzt book does. Probably the best way to get more novels is to write to the publisher with proof that you preordered this book, and name ONE author and/or Realms character you would like to see them add. Any more than one author/character and it will get lost as noise.

Madelon Ferris

First Post
I found the Drizzt series a year ago and I'm on book 13. I keep hearing that the new book that came out this September, timeless, is a Trilogy. So are there two more books to come that follow timeless?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I received the press release through for this today. Figured I'd add it here for completeness!

----

At long last, New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore returns with one of fantasy’s most beloved and enduring icons, the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden, in an all-new trilogy full of swordplay, danger, and imaginative thrills

For any fan of Epic Fantasy or gaming, there are few characters that hold quite as much significance as Drizzt Do'Urden, the iconic dark elf warrior. New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore created the legendary swordsman thirty years ago, spawning novels, video games, and tabletop gaming campaigns – and taking hold of the imaginations of countless fans in the process.

Salvatore helped shape modern fantasy, and with TIMELESS (on-sale from Harper Voyager 9/4/2018), he continues to propel the genre forward. It’s a rare book that can encompass a whole world as sprawling as the Forgotten Realms, while still being a welcoming gateway for new readers, but with this re-launch of Drizzt Do'Urden, fans new and old will all find common ground in this thrilling tale.

More importantly, though, TIMELESS takes that which fans of the genre love best – pulse-pounding fight scenes, hordes of mystical creatures, vast arrays of magical artifacts, and heaps of adventure stories – and marries it with a modern sensibility. This is a Drizzt novel, yes, but it’s also a novel about Drizzt’s father, the famed weapon master who taught him everything he knows, and Jarlaxle, the roguish Mercenary who made Drizzt and his companions realize there was a world worth living in beyond the Underdark.

Salvatore himself is incredibly enthused by the continuing evolution of Drizzt’s saga:

“I wasn’t really ready to say goodbye to Drizzt and the gang. Even after all these years, there seemed to be dozens and dozens of stories left to tell. These characters have become like my family. I’m super excited to be able to work with Wizards of the Coast, David Pomerico and the folks at Harper Voyager to continue to publish Drizzt stories set in the Forgotten Realms.”

Harper Voyager Executive Editor David Pomerico shares Salvatore’s excitement:

“Growing up, a few characters sucked me into the world of science fiction and fantasy. Ender. Garion. Tasselhoff Burrfoot. And, of course, Drizzt. So when the opportunity came around to work with Bob on a character that not only meant so much to me, but is truly one of the iconic fantasy characters, I jumped at it,” he shared.

Two years will have passed between Drizzt books when TIMELESS goes on-sale, and fans are clamoring for the new installment. These novels have left an indelible mark on the genre, but clearly, they’ve made an even more lasting impression on readers. Salvatore put it best, saying “I still enjoy writing these characters and I’m interested to see where they take me next.”

###

About the Book
Centuries ago, in the city of Menzoberranzan—the City of Spiders, the city of drow—nestled deep in the unmerciful Underdark of Toril, a young weapon master earned a reputation far above his station or that of his poor house.

Zaknafein.

The greater nobles watched him, and one powerful Matron—Malice—decided to take him as her own. She connived with rival houses to secure her prize, but it was ultimately the roguish Jarlaxle who caught him.

Thus sparked the birth of two key moments in Menzoberranzan: the coupling of a noble and weapon master that would produce Drizzt Do’Urden…and the friendship between Zaknafein and Jarlaxle.
R. A. Salvatore reveals the Underdark anew through the eyes of this unlikely pair—offering a fresh take on the intrigue and opportunities to be found in the shadows, and providing a fascinating prelude to the journeys that have shaped the modern-day Forgotten Realms. There, Zaknafein and Drizzt are joined together in a series of trials that parallel those of centuries long past, even though their paths no longer seem to be aligned. How will a father, so long constrained by the vicious and conservative world of the drow, be able to reconcile his ingrained prejudices with the world and companions of his enlightened son?

The answer lies in their desire for peace over chaos. And as long as the scourge of the goddess Lolth’s ambitions still remain, both are determined to keep her dark will at bay. But the Spider Queen is powerful, and now demons have been unleashed on the unwitting denizens of the surface world. United in purpose—and through their mutual friendship with Jarlaxle—Zaknafein and Drizzt will need to put aside their differences in order to keep the ones they love safe.

gyor

Legend
I received the press release through for this today. Figured I'd add it here for completeness!

----

At long last, New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore returns with one of fantasy’s most beloved and enduring icons, the dark elf Drizzt Do'Urden, in an all-new trilogy full of swordplay, danger, and imaginative thrills

For any fan of Epic Fantasy or gaming, there are few characters that hold quite as much significance as Drizzt Do'Urden, the iconic dark elf warrior. New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore created the legendary swordsman thirty years ago, spawning novels, video games, and tabletop gaming campaigns – and taking hold of the imaginations of countless fans in the process.

Salvatore helped shape modern fantasy, and with TIMELESS (on-sale from Harper Voyager 9/4/2018), he continues to propel the genre forward. It’s a rare book that can encompass a whole world as sprawling as the Forgotten Realms, while still being a welcoming gateway for new readers, but with this re-launch of Drizzt Do'Urden, fans new and old will all find common ground in this thrilling tale.

More importantly, though, TIMELESS takes that which fans of the genre love best – pulse-pounding fight scenes, hordes of mystical creatures, vast arrays of magical artifacts, and heaps of adventure stories – and marries it with a modern sensibility. This is a Drizzt novel, yes, but it’s also a novel about Drizzt’s father, the famed weapon master who taught him everything he knows, and Jarlaxle, the roguish Mercenary who made Drizzt and his companions realize there was a world worth living in beyond the Underdark.

Salvatore himself is incredibly enthused by the continuing evolution of Drizzt’s saga:

“I wasn’t really ready to say goodbye to Drizzt and the gang. Even after all these years, there seemed to be dozens and dozens of stories left to tell. These characters have become like my family. I’m super excited to be able to work with Wizards of the Coast, David Pomerico and the folks at Harper Voyager to continue to publish Drizzt stories set in the Forgotten Realms.”

Harper Voyager Executive Editor David Pomerico shares Salvatore’s excitement:

“Growing up, a few characters sucked me into the world of science fiction and fantasy. Ender. Garion. Tasselhoff Burrfoot. And, of course, Drizzt. So when the opportunity came around to work with Bob on a character that not only meant so much to me, but is truly one of the iconic fantasy characters, I jumped at it,” he shared.

Two years will have passed between Drizzt books when TIMELESS goes on-sale, and fans are clamoring for the new installment. These novels have left an indelible mark on the genre, but clearly, they’ve made an even more lasting impression on readers. Salvatore put it best, saying “I still enjoy writing these characters and I’m interested to see where they take me next.”

###

About the Book
Centuries ago, in the city of Menzoberranzan—the City of Spiders, the city of drow—nestled deep in the unmerciful Underdark of Toril, a young weapon master earned a reputation far above his station or that of his poor house.

Zaknafein.

The greater nobles watched him, and one powerful Matron—Malice—decided to take him as her own. She connived with rival houses to secure her prize, but it was ultimately the roguish Jarlaxle who caught him.

Thus sparked the birth of two key moments in Menzoberranzan: the coupling of a noble and weapon master that would produce Drizzt Do’Urden…and the friendship between Zaknafein and Jarlaxle.
R. A. Salvatore reveals the Underdark anew through the eyes of this unlikely pair—offering a fresh take on the intrigue and opportunities to be found in the shadows, and providing a fascinating prelude to the journeys that have shaped the modern-day Forgotten Realms. There, Zaknafein and Drizzt are joined together in a series of trials that parallel those of centuries long past, even though their paths no longer seem to be aligned. How will a father, so long constrained by the vicious and conservative world of the drow, be able to reconcile his ingrained prejudices with the world and companions of his enlightened son?

The answer lies in their desire for peace over chaos. And as long as the scourge of the goddess Lolth’s ambitions still remain, both are determined to keep her dark will at bay. But the Spider Queen is powerful, and now demons have been unleashed on the unwitting denizens of the surface world. United in purpose—and through their mutual friendship with Jarlaxle—Zaknafein and Drizzt will need to put aside their differences in order to keep the ones they love safe.

I liked the book, look forward to the next, but it doesn't come even close to encompassing the whole realms, it's almost completely contained to the Swordcoast region and it's underdark. Damara and Algorond get mentioned. That is about it. Most of Drizzt stories are the Swordcoast and the North with the occasional exceptions. It'd be cool to see Drizzt visit the Old Empires Region, the Shining South, or other cool regions, but I don't see it. Closest to get is the rare trip to Calimishan or Damara which is neat.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases