It's No Longer A Joke

Fedifensor

Explorer
From the Epic Destinies article:
The End

Perhaps most important, your epic destiny describes your character’s exit from the world at large (and more specifically, from the game) once you’ve completed your final adventure. It lays out why, after so many adventures, you finally take your leave of the mortal realm—and where you go next.

Yes, that's correct. As of the release of 4E, it will actually be possible to win D&D...

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I like it this creates a possible end you can choose to either take or if you wish to simply progress at level 30 and have adventures at level 30 you can. Nice middle-ground :)

marune

First Post
Fedifensor said:

Yes, that's correct. As of the release of 4E, it will actually be possible to win D&D...

One could argue that in any edition of D&D, a campaign that ends without a TPK is a win.

Cabled

First Post
Looks to me like the presmises of the old Immortals box set from B/X/C/M/I days, wrappered into the newest edition. If this fits your definition of "win", the concept came around years ago.

Sunsword

Adventurer
Fedifensor said:

So you've never had a gamer "tell you about their character" before? You know, the Half Demon Paladin Priest of Bane who is 42nd level & has Tiamat as a lap dragon, rules over Dmjimsworld & summer's in the Demon Web Pits, cause you know Lloth is hawt! You didn't know that some people had already "beaten D&D"?

Then your lucky. Very lucky indeed.

;)

Fedifensor

Explorer
skeptic said:
One could argue that in any edition of D&D, a campaign that ends without a TPK is a win.
True. However, that's something decided by the gamemaster, and the character could always be brought back in a future game. In this case, the rules state that when you complete a specific in-game task, you're done.

Remove ads