It's Not A Cartoon, But What Is It?

Matt Corley is a freelance RPG writer for Kobold Press and Petersen Games. He recently tweeted the image below with the caption "Pre-hype, hype for an amazing project coming to Kickstarter this Summer", although he notes that it is NOT a cartoon.

Matt Corley is a freelance RPG writer for Kobold Press and Petersen Games. He recently tweeted the image below with the caption "Pre-hype, hype for an amazing project coming to Kickstarter this Summer", although he notes that it is NOT a cartoon.

D3k7mqZW0AI1vZW.jpg

When asked "Is this a reboot of the D&D cartoon?" he emphatically replied "It’s not. The amazing folks at Critical Role have DnD cartoons well in hand".

Corley mentioned in February that his youngest has been diagnosed with cancer, and produced a t-shirt for charity.

He also posted these images recently, with the caption "Pre-hype".

hsd.png
kwc.png

Thanks to Jeremy for the scoop.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Perhaps. I think it may also have something to do with Satanic-panic baggage. Once you start playing "you" in the real game you start looking more like the fears of those who think RPGs will lead to murder, black magic, and suicide.
I suspect you're right, especially since it would have been easy for them to have published a Quag Keep sourcebook and include how to include "yourself" in the game. I have to imagine that was discussed at TSR at least once.

E

Elderbrain

Hopefully a book with stats for the kids and monsters from the show, and info on the campaign setting. (Yes, I know stats were included in a booklet with the DVD set, but c'mon, the Acrobat was not a Monk!)

Remove ads

Remove ads