WotC It's time for a D&D Theme Park

I was just about to mention ren faires. I personally would rather see it stay this way. Not because I am against theme parks, but there is something very quaint (even though they are crowded as ever) about the ren fest. They are a lot like D&D, popular, but still on the outskirts of the mainstream.
Disney and Universal are popular: Spidey, Jurassic Park, Simpsons, Harry Potter - those are popular. D&D is kind of popular, like that person in school that the cool kids know, but don't hang out with. That's D&D. That's the ren faire.

So for my money, I say instead of supporting a D&D style park, support a year-round ren faire.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
When's the last time you've been to one? Have you not seen pirates on the Queen's zip-lines, fairies ordering food from the King's food trucks or furries in the Duke's inflatable hamster balls?
I went to a big Southern California one right before the pandemic. The most anachronistic things I saw were a really tall climbing wall and a bunch of Doctor Who cosplayers.

I stayed away from the duke's balls.

When's the last time you've been to one? Have you not seen pirates on the Queen's zip-lines, fairies ordering food from the King's food trucks or furries in the Duke's inflatable hamster balls?
I have never seen a food truck at the Ren Faire: LA, Wisconsin, Houston, Dallas, Anchorage, Largo, Sarasota, etc. I have seen a zip line. And furries? Yes, a few. But overall, the thematic ideals are very D&Dish in my opinion.

ValamirCleaver

Ein Jäger aus Kurpfalz
I went to a big Southern California one right before the pandemic. The most anachronistic things I saw were a really tall climbing wall and a bunch of Doctor Who cosplayers.
Sounds like you went to Southern Faire in Irwindale back in 2019. Are you honestly telling me you missed the unavoidable amount of 17th/18th century pirates, the fantasy/anachronistic cosplayers, the petting zoo, the TARDIS by the food court, the trampolines, the swing rides, etc...? I recall running into Scarlet Witch who answered when I called her Wanda.
I have never seen a food truck at the Ren Faire: LA, Wisconsin, Houston, Dallas, Anchorage, Largo, Sarasota, etc.
I've seen food trucks at 5 different Ren Faires; Lompoc, Escondido, Irwindale, Corona & Havasu.

Undrave

Legend
I like that, just like Galaxy’s Edge. Can I build a Vorpal Sword for $250 too?
You got the Random Loot Table at the market where you can get mystery magic items, so potentially.
Who's paying for Fantasy Galaxy's Edge?

I think we should be hoping for "basic carnival, with D&D theming."
I just meant in the abstract. Just because Disney didn't want to pay for something doesn't make it too expensive.

Remove ads