• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I've DMed 4e and I PREFER DMing: A poll

You have DMed 4e and you prefer DMing:

• 4e.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • 3e

Votes: 28 10.6%
  • 2e/AD&D or a retroclone of this

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • 1e/OD&D or a retroclone of this

Votes: 11 4.2%
  • Another game system that isn't D&D at all.

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • I haven't ever DMed 4e, but I want a chance to vote anyway!

Votes: 14 5.3%

• Poll closed .

Wormwood

Adventurer
DMing 4E is a relief.
QFT.

A rundown of my gaming groups:

1994 to 2008 (3e/Shadowrun/Champions/Gurps/WoD/DitV/Buffy/etc.): 3 GMs out of an average of 12 people.

2008 to present (4e D&D only): 5 DMs out of an average of 10 people.

Conclusion: In my experience, 4e has done more to encourage players to try their hand at running games than any other RPG I can remember.

darjr

I crit!
Conclusion: In my experience, 4e has done more to encourage players to try their hand at running games than any other RPG I can remember.

Dude yes. I've seen this several times. Sometimes I was shocked to see a particular player on the other side.

In fact my current home game DM is a newbie. 4e inspired her to give it a go, and I am very grateful.

Jack99

Adventurer
QFT.

A rundown of my gaming groups:

1994 to 2008 (3e/Shadowrun/Champions/Gurps/WoD/DitV/Buffy/etc.): 3 GMs out of an average of 12 people.

2008 to present (4e D&D only): 5 DMs out of an average of 10 people.

In 3.x - 1 DM out of 8 ppl.
In 4e - 4 DM's out of 8 ppl.

Since I was the single DM in 3.x, 4e is pure win for me due to this (as well).

Fallen Seraph

First Post
It is good to see that 4e is making more people try out DMing. Since more DMs means more chances of games being run. Which means more players. Which means some growth in the population of RPG fans.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads