• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Jaquaying the dungeon - a term to avoid

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Also, and this is a serious question, what does that mean?

What does "more banned than RPGPundit" mean? It means that he's banned at more message boards than RPGPundit - who is known to be banned a lot. Are you saying you don't know who RPGPundit is? If so, he's an old school RPG creator who was a consultant on 5e, who is very outspoken and controversial.

You skipped "I am asking why, if the theme of this thread is, "what's appropriate behavior" people are promoting someone known for bad behavior"

I mean, are you seriously saying I shouldn't question "guy known for inappropriate behavior" when he calls for a change due to what he perceives to be inappropriate behavior?

RPGPundit is "influential" but would you be objecting to someone raising this same topic about what he views as inappropriate behavior? This sure seems to come down to "But I like him so it's OK."

You characterized my question as lashing out and hyperbole.
No. I characterized the top quote as lashing out and hyperbole.

What does "more banned than RPGPundit" mean? It means that he's banned at more message boards than RPGPundit - who is known to be banned a lot. Are you saying you don't know who RPGPundit is?
No I know who John is. I’m saying I don’t know how one can be more banned than another, since I assumed we were talking in context to this site and not just any site.

Mistwell

No I know who John is. I’m saying I don’t know how one can be more banned than another, since I assumed we were talking in context to this site and not just any site.

My quote, which again you said you saw, named many message boards he's banned from. I made it quite clear I was not making it just in the context of this site.

And since you saw that, again, I am wonder WTF man? You have an issue with me just say it.

Which was a question. You can see it was a question in the quote.

At this point, I think it's pretty clear you're being aggressive. I am wondering where this is coming from?
Buddy.

You came in pretty hot.

A few others called that out.

Then you got defensive saying you weren’t and you got hotter.

I answered your question.

Then you got hyperbolic.

Then I called that out.

Then you just kept going.

not everyone who you disagree with is “being aggressive”.

But allow me to just put an end to it. Im absolutely done speaking with you about this subject in this thread from here on.

Mistwell

Buddy.

You came in pretty hot.

I really didn't. You read a weird tone into my post which wasn't there. I said the reason why I think some people misread it - I think they really like Justin and so got defensive. If you read what I wrote with the neutral tone it was written, I think you will see there was nothing hot about what I said.

A few others called that out.

Then you got defensive saying you weren’t and you got hotter.

Again, pot, kettle. You're the one who has repeatedly gone over the top here.

I answered your question.

Then you got hyperbolic.

I truly did not. I keep asking you why you think it was, and you just keep repeating it like saying it was hyperbolic makes it so.

Then I called that out.

Then you just kept going.

not everyone who you disagree with is “being aggressive”.

No. I rarely accuse people of that. That should be noteworthy - it really is you.

But allow me to just put an end to it. Im absolutely done speaking with you about this subject in this thread from here on.

OK cool.

You skipped "I am asking why, if the theme of this thread is, "what's appropriate behavior" people are promoting someone known for bad behavior"

I mean, are you seriously saying I shouldn't question "guy known for inappropriate behavior" when he calls for a change due to what he perceives to be inappropriate behavior?

RPGPundit is "influential" but would you be objecting to someone raising this same topic about what he views as inappropriate behavior? This sure seems to come down to "But I like him so it's OK."
Inappropriate behaviour, as in being banned from an online forum? Pretty tame stuff. The way you seem to be harping on about I expect to see bodies in his basement.

Mistwell

Inappropriate behaviour, as in being banned from an online forum? Pretty tame stuff. The way you seem to be harping on about I expect to see bodies in his basement.

Just ordinary repeated widespread inappropriate behavior at almost every major RPG message board. I literally couldn't find a board he hasn't been banned from or publicly loudly quit from. RPG.net, TheRPGSite, RPGPub, EnWorld, you name the site and he's either been banned or took his toys and went home in a huff.

So no bodies but firmly in the "Guy who seems to be a bad judge of what is and is not appropriate behavior." Now his thoughts on a D&D adventure? Fine. But his thoughts on what is appropriate? I question using his judgement on that type of topic.

And so did the OP by the way, or at least one line seemed that way.

Remove ads