Jason Bulmahn Speaks about DDXP(His take on the system)

Zinegata

First Post
Ahglock said:
Yeah I've heard this argument, and it just doesn't work for me. For those who this does work, hey great maybe the 4e per encounter system will be a lot of fun for you. I'll be wincing on the inside every time I use it if I switch.

I'm not saying it's a better system though. I did note its pitfalls - namely it's very abstract and takes away the skill of the setup.

In short, I also share your pain. I'm just saying it in a pretty neutral fashion.

Wolfspider

Explorer
cdrcjsn said:
It never did make much sense to me why a god of death or entropy would grant healing...

From Terminator 2: Judgement Day:

John Connor (watching The Terminator patching up his mother's wounds): "You know what you're doing?"
The Terminator: "I have detailed files on human anatomy."
Sarah Connor: "Makes you a more efficient killer, right?"
The Terminator: "Correct."

Ahglock

First Post
Wolfspider said:
From Terminator 2: Judgement Day:

John Connor (watching The Terminator patching up his mother's wounds): "You know what you're doing?"
The Terminator: "I have detailed files on human anatomy."
Sarah Connor: "Makes you a more efficient killer, right?"
The Terminator: "Correct."

That is another logical way to look at it. Personally I saw it more as you are healing people who will bring more people to the death gods embrace. If you worship Mr. X the god of death chances are you are not healing Mother Teressa, no you are healing psychotics, murderers, adventurers, the kind of people who in the long run will bring more souls into the death god embrace than just the one measly soul they get from the adventurer.

hong

WotC's bitch
Ahglock said:
That is another logical way to look at it. Personally I saw it more as you are healing people who will bring more people to the death gods embrace. If you worship Mr. X the god of death chances are you are not healing Mother Teressa, no you are healing psychotics, murderers, adventurers, the kind of people who in the long run will bring more souls into the death god embrace than just the one measly soul they get from the adventurer.
See? If you were able to wrap your head around that, then per-encounter trip should be easy!

Ahglock

First Post
hong said:
See? If you were able to wrap your head around that, then per-encounter trip should be easy!

Unfortunately the death god one makes sense, the per encounter trip depending on its description may not.

Saishu_Heiki

First Post
The way I did it was to say that every life has its ending point. The God of Death knows when this is and his clerics are there to help those whose time has not yet arrived, ease those who are suffering while dying, and bring those who would subvert the natural order of death to the judgment of the God of Death.

Zinegata

First Post
Ahglock said:
Unfortunately the death god one makes sense, the per encounter trip depending on its description may not.

Piece of advice: It's better for your sanity and your permanent record (the one the mods keep) to ignore Hong.

hong

WotC's bitch
Ahglock said:
The death god one makes sense because you've had 10 years for cognitive dissonance to do its work. The trip thing just needs a little time.

broghammerj

Explorer
Wolfspider said:
And apparently more than a few parties were able to overcome the dragon, which attests to their toughtness as well.

Or possibly speaks to the alluded difficulty in killing PCs.

Last edited:

Remove ads