jasper

Rotten DM
DDAL00-11E Session

Cania A Fire Grows in Cania

Hell, Fire, and Ice

Day 24

PC Killed 0 Monsters Killed 27 Villains Captured 10 Villains Escaped 2

Gain A level. 10 Downtime days. GP 16,000

Magic Items Staff of Frost, Potion of Clairvoyance, Potion of Fire Resistance, Potion of Greater Healing, Potion of Supreme Healing, Scroll of Dominate Person, 5 Soul Coins.

I had a weak group of four. Shimmer Moon Druid Kobold 14. Marlow Open hand Monk human 11. Iron Dwarf Artificer 16. Damior Wizard 11 Elf.

Pipyap is drinking his Imp beer at Trollskull Manor. A serving tray floats between tables delivering drinks and dropping off bar tabs. A small sign states “Ignore the Pink Rats”. Pipyap turns the meeting over to a blue suited, blue eyed, with blue highlighted hair.

Lanche, “You squad looks great Pip. You mission is to infiltrate the Phoenix Society here in Waterdeep. It is down six blocks and over one. All members are worship Mephistopheles. Today they will be opening some portals to Avernus. Then a contact name Fhet’Ahla will open a portal to the Academia Acania which is located somewhere in the Cania layer of Hell. The Academia is doing experiments on Hellfire. Steal a sample. Destroy at least three of their research projects. Return here with the sample. Get paid.”

Hitting their contacts in Waterdeep, the group finds out the door guard likes donuts. The old gardener was in Starfleet and watches over the secret lever in the fountain and you need a gold card to enter. The first problem they encounter is no door guard at the door.

Shimmer, “No knob either perhaps we can knock.” Knocking reveals a speaker slot with Barclay asking questions and getting bribe by jelly doughnuts. Barclay does not care if the new cultists have the proper id, they brought doughnuts, and the boss will take care of them. The group takes a break in the garden. As they are badly looking for a lever in the fountain Uncle Martin tells them to scram and the service is in session. Also, he has the right to keep any coins in the fountain. Why just last week he found three coins in the fountain.

Interrupting the service, they are quizzed by Sofia. They barely pass the questioning session and since Sofia knows the higher up. Um since Sofia knows the lower downs will take care of any body who is not a true member, she passes them through the fiery portal. Arriving at Mahadi’s Traveling Emporium, they meet Fhet’Ahla who wants a soul coin each for them to continue. They are more confused but decide to go see Fai Chen.

Shimmer, “Hi Fai Is it you or am I looking at one of your clones.”

Group, “Shimmer. MEGA GAMING TO THE MAX. Your PC has never met him.” Fai Chen decides to upcharge the group for the mistake. Chen, “Fhet doesn’t need soul coins. It is just his side business. That information will cost you 100 GP Each.”

Fhet’Ahla is not happy about not getting any extra business but casts the portal spell. Arriving at the portal pad in the academy, the arcana dudes discover they have ten hours before all portal magic is blocked. They have lost three hours in transport.

Taking out three labs and the crew were no problem. But the ice garden nearly killed them. Wasting an hour on the second transport room, they decide to go see if they can find a clue. Which they do in the dean’s office. The dean is always happy to talk to new cultists and Iron Dwarf get in a long discussion of the various art on the dean’s wall. Since they were sent by Sofia, he hands off the hellfire sample. The group returns to the second transporter room and dials in the designation.

Oops it is a trap. But they defeat the hell fire engine and return to Waterdeep.

End of Session 392.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDAL00-11F Session

Pipyap Guide to Hell

Nessus: Twice as Nice for Half the Price

That is the Way the Cookie Crumbs.

Day 25

PC Killed 0 Monsters Killed 27 Villains Captured 10 Villains Escaped 2

Start Time 7:05 End Time 10:27

Gain A level. 10 Downtime days. GP 60,000

Magic Item Ioun Stone of Mastery, Potion of Speed, Soul Coin, Scroll of Maddening Darkness

Reminder. Know your class. Have copies of critters available to you for anything you summon, call, or polymorph into.

I had a weak group of four. Clanker lizardfolk Battlesmith artificer 17. Chathan Dugal Fighter 12 Rogue 7 Human. Cicero Falone human fighter 20 Zunle Conjuration Wizard Plasmoid 17.

General Pipyap call his new squad for hire over at the Trollskull Manor and Tavern. After a few drinks he offer them a job. Go to Nessus in Hell. Talk to, beat up, and take his cookie bag from Xak’thar ruler of that level. See Fai Chen six blocks over for transportation. Fai Chen offers tickets to hell for two very rare items and delivery of the cookie bag to him first. The group agrees and arrive at Mahadi’s Wandering Emporium in Avernus the first layer of hell. One small complication. Pipyap has only paid of a hell moped. So only two people can ride comfortable. One of the the others will have to be on the handle bars. The second one will be secured with rope and dragged behind riding in a soap box. Or they could upgrade for the minor cost of their souls. Which did not happen. Pipyap also did not pay for the full tank of gas, so a Frost Brand was traded for tank.

The trip to Nessus was only had two detours. Clanker was reading the map upside down which caused stops in Dis and Stygia. They did pic up some nice road side stuff in Dis. (Did like the travel encounter system.)

Arriving near the Bloody Gorge of Slaughter sponsored by WOTC in Nessus, parking was great. (The Map of gorge need work.) Exploring the merchant hall, they pick up some nice hats and soul coins. Entering the stadium they wander toward they seats when the noise drives them crazy and except for Falone they start swinging on each other. After a brief breathe, they try to get backstage to see Xak’thar but don’t get pass the cooler. If they want to meet big blue, they have to enter one of the final rounds. Wizards, Graves, or Sisters was the choice. Choosing Sisters, they fight two mariliths.

Clanker, “Hard Fight. I am down to 17 hp. Time for a short rest.”

Xak’thar, “There no rest for the wicked. Round 5.” And he lands forty feet above the floor to a cloud of dust. To be instantly surrounded by 20 steam mephits. Six rounds later.

Announcer, “The new rules of Nessus are…”

Falone, “Sorry we are work for hire. All treasure and results go to our employer. Pipyap!”

Pipyap, “What I didn’t want to rule in Nessus. I just wanted my cookie bag.”

End of Session 394

jasper

Rotten DM
Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Session 1.

Chapter 1

Day 1 to Day 2 Breakfast

PC Killed 0 Monsters Killed 4 Villains Captured 3 Villains Escaped 7

Start Time 7:00 End Time 9:00

Reward 20 GP, 10 downtime days. That is per PC. If you finished your secret mission take an additional 100 GP.

Hi Y’all this is the write up of the session, share it as necessary especially the reward. This is new hobby store for me. And many of you are new to Adventure League. SO ASK QUESTIONS. Take notes because I sometimes make stuff up on the fly which affects the story and will not remember during the write up. Especially NPC names and who did exactly what with each NPC. Hey we all saw Chaos John snugglebunny Varnoth. Remember I been playing since AD&D and started 5E in May 9, 2016. I will occasionally forget you don’t know things.

You can go shopping between sessions. Just like Skyrim where you can pause and eat lots of cheeses. Thanks Grott.

I had a strong group of six. Manfred Fighter 1 human. Grott Druid 1 dwarf. Silk Rogue 1 half elf. Marin Artificer 1 Half orc. Harc Ranger 1 Elf. Solar Light Cleric 1 Tortle. (Note Solar listed his subclass please do that when you decide on it. Some people reading these like that attention to detail.)

Sparrow and Jack are tired of these adventurers. The Tortle had been sea sick for days. Each of the adventurers seem to be hiding something. (YEA SECRET MISSSIONS.) They get the group off and row away.

Solar, “That is going to be a long steep walk.” A long small beach roughly 100 by 150 leads to a steep climb to the temple of Bahamut. “Dragon Rest has been here for hundreds of years. Oh don’t moan about the climb.”

Moan. Moan. “I said no moaning. I the one with the least movement. Shell on!”, Solar.

Harc, “WE are not moaning. Those sailors are moaning. Um Why is a crab climbing out one of their eyes.?” The Zombies shamble toward the group. Manfred takes off at an angle. “Hey Boys. Eat me. EAT ME.” The zombies ignore him until, “I have rum!” Two zombies split away to either cage free rum or brains. The combat lasts a while as this is the first time they have fought in a group. With the zombies dead again, the troop troop up the slope to the temple.

Dozens of kobolds pour out their small rooms and become a gaggle around the group. Lots of questions and more questions pour forth until Elder Runara (Human Woman) gains some order and introduces the temple members.

Elder Runara, “The Kobolds are Agga, Bleep the lucky, Frub, Kilnip, Laylee is in the clean lab coat, Mump, Myla is in the dirty lab coat, Rix my assistant, Zark. Zark behave I saw you flash that bird. The human lady is Varnoth. Tarak the Gardner is on kitchen duty. Frub and Rix clean out room one and grab six hammocks. You people will have to bunk in one room. We generally don’t get this many visitors. Our fresh meat supplies are running low but we have fish head soup for lunch. After lunch you are invited to afternoon prayers. Hug the cliff line if you have problems with heights. The drop leads to a wet splash.”

Grott and Solar have gifts for Varnoth a book on masonry from Grott, which Varnoth likes. The Witcher’s Wolf head delivered by Solar from Sgt Carter is accepted but she shuts down any questions about it. (Dudes remember I been playing since 1980, if I throw out a description like something from Daffy Duck remind me it was Darkwing duck. AKA I need to update current memes and scenes.) Varnoth does not notice Silk lift 5 silver pieces from her but other party members notice. Marin thinks to herself to ask to examine Varnoth’s metal lower right leg.

The kitchen is small. (Smaller than the game room) Tarak is simmering soup and thanks Solar for the potatoes. Tarak is a human male in his late forties. He has a neck tattoo of a Gold Hangman’s Noose. Both the rogue and artificer know this is the symbol of the thieves’ guild the Gilded Gallows. A guild based the city Elturgard. He welcomes the additional potion bottles and mentions a small task (quest) is available for the group but ask after prayers.

Manfred pulls Bleep aside. Manfred has been sent by Don Meepo a pawn shop owner and professional gamble to collect from Bleep. Bleep blows him off as Meepo cheated in three dragon ante by palming the red dragon. They agree to talk later.

After the prayer, the party splits. (AUDIENCE DON’T SPLIT THE PARTY. YOU FOOLS!) The Elder approves of Solar and Marin slicing, dicing, and burning the zombies. Harc is taken out to the woods by Frub to cut wood for the burning and stove. The ranger senses with a little training Frub can be taught to become a ranger. He shows Frub some rabbit snares and they snare three for dinner. (Hey side quest for the ranger. Get with me at the table.) Silk, Manfred, and Grott talk with Tarak and Myla. The temple members need some special mushrooms from Sea Grow caves (Page 16 Hey side quest for the party) to make potions of healing. If the party bring enough he will make a potion of healing each for the group. But the Magic Talking Mushrooms have quit dealing or talking with Tarak.

Also various things were pointed out to group. The hot springs has stopped working. Some kobolds have been sighted about four miles away and they are not friendly. An owlbear does lair at west end of the island. (page 14 for side quests.)

The group decides to check out the hot springs. (Note need to print off the isle map with the various locations. THE END.

Adventure League is in version 13 which is currently using milestones.

Blank PC, Log sheet, Pregens, etc., are in the black file box. I will be adding a shoe box of supplies later for markers, erasers, and etc.

Remember NO wet eraser, no permanent marker, and no red dry eraser near the battle maps or white board.

Start Time will be normally 630 PM but we will wing it. Stop time is 900 PM but as long as we are out the store before closing we are good.

Drop ins and watchers are allowed.

Table limit is 2 to 7 PC generally.

The table is free but we need to buy some food and drink to help the store.

Inspiration is award for doing something cool at the table. Correcting the DM about a rule. The table can award inspiration on group vote. You can call Inspiration after the roll. You can make the DM reroll.

The X card is in play so please let the DM know when we are getting to no go areas. Solar getting your PC TKO is not a use of the X card.

Thanks for packing me out. This is a new game store for me so I am trying to figure out what needs to packed in and out. Right now Laptop with campaign bag, Mini box, tripod, shoulder bag with stuff. Skully. DM’s Composition Book.

The store has copies of Season 1 modules. Ask to check them out if you want to do a pickup game.

Alex the owner is working on a game table and other supplies.

End of session 412

jasper

Rotten DM
Dragons of Stormwreck Isle Session 2.

Chapter 1 & 2

Day 2 Midnight to Day 2 Afternoon

PC Killed 0 Monsters Killed 16 Villains Captured 0 Villains Escaped 0

Start Time 6:35 End Time 8:58

Reward 10 downtime days.

You can either cash in the mushroom for 40 GP each. Convert into potion of water breathing off board. Or hold onto it.

No rests. No healing. We will start in the room B3 with everyone spore out and able to communicate with the adult Myconids.

I had a strong group of seven. Solar Cleric 2 Tortle. Marin Artificer 1 Half orc. Cleria (shoomy) Bard 1 high elf. Haru Ranger 1 Wood elf. Manfred Fighter 1 human. Godrick Dwarf figher1. Silk Rogue 1 Half elf.

DM Note. Solar should have been level 1. But he could use DM points to bump a level. Remind me to talk with him.

Just after midnight Marin wakes up Tarak for a brief discussion of back taxes to the Gilded Noose. She does not get upset with Tarak uses slang and a nickname which would get him gutted if he used in front of Don Meepo. But Tarak agrees to put five gold pieces in her hand before she leaves.

After sunrise service and breakfast the group decides to check out the hot springs by the overland route except for Solar who wants to take his rowboat.

Manfred, “How did you get a brand new rowboat here on the island.”

Solar, “DM said we could go shopping between sessions.”

DM, “It was a great rowboat. It only taken thirty minutes to blow up. The Purple Pink polka dotted My Little Pony boat fitted Solar well. But it only held two. Three if a person used the Spike floaties.”

The group moves out without Solar who later catches up. The island forest is a combination of steep mountains, maple, oak, and a few ash trees. Approaching the hot springs, Cleria dashes in to eat the strange mushrooms. She ignores the rangers warning. Haru knowing the mushrooms gives you a water breathing effect starts to collect some mushrooms. This ticks off the fume drakes of the springs who attack. Cleria prays to new fire gods due to the effects of the mushrooms. Some of the party are injured in the fight but partake of the waters to heal. The group yeet the bard into the water until her head clears. The others gather the rest of mushrooms. Will they respawn? The DM ain’t saying.

Remembering they agree to go to Seagrow caves to talk to the magic mushrooms, they slowly continue around the island. They are laughing, listening to bard, laughing as Solar uses spells to scare the wild life.

As they enter the cave at the end of low tide, “we aren’t being stealthy,” yells Cleria. The music, yells, and laughter alerts the Striges and guard octopus which attack. The Bard charges the octopus, and Solar and Manfred flank to stop the blood suckers.

DM, “Travel time plus distance plus mess with the players.” Holds up a d6. “On a six the high tide starts to come in. SIX!”

A cold wave slams against Godrick icky his back. The bard tries to stab the octopus but fails. The octopus smacks him in the face. Manfred kills his Stirge and moves to higher ground on left. Solar kills his Stirge and tries to pile drive the octopus. Godrick shoots the octopus and moves toward it. The rest of group flank to left to follow Manfred and toss spells or range attacks.

Two adult Myconids arise from the upper chamber. One flanks to party’s left and the other blows spores. Molen, “Are you humans from the temple?”

Solar, “We ain’t all humans. Yes. And I going to kill your pet.”

Molen, “That is not our pet.”

Three kids see a huge monster dripping sea water enter the larder, they scream subsonically and flee. Manfred, “Wait. I come in peace.” He looks up as six Stirges attack. Three go after him, the others attack Haru. The octopus takes out Cleria and the incoming rip tide pulls up toward the entrance. On the second attack Godrick is injured.

(DM places Heroclix Death on the board.)

MR HAPPY, “WELL HELLO TO ALL YOU BRAND NEW ADVENTURERS. Rats I keep on forgetting only those on death saves can see me. I am so happy to meet you. Row that beautiful death save.”

Cleria, “Aha. ONE. Wait. Impression. A two.”

MR. HAPPY, “I can wait.” And he moves closer to his new friend.

Molen jumps into the lower chamber and dashes toward Cleria. Solar and Godrick keep attacking the guard octopus. The rest of party has made to high ground and are taking out the blood suckers.

Finally, with Mr. Happy being unhappy, the group kills the guard, and makes to high ground.

End of Session 413.

Remove ads