DDAL Jasper DMs Season 2

jasper

Rotten DM
I had to deal with a drunken sailor over the phone as the game started. The forever player was trying out a centaur which did not work out so well. I decide he could hold his initiative and let other go up stairs first then follow. The devil sight and darkness played merry with the module. Since no murder means the group is not ducking the law during the investigation. My group really does not like the investigation theme modules. The DM city map had the patrols listed but not the city streets.
Today is out first Kill and Grill since Covid. Which is why I posting early as I started the MEAT exactly one hour ago.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-11 Session

Oubliette of Fort Iron

Day 49-50

Take a level, 10 downtime days. 500 GP.

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 112 Monsters Captured 0 Monsters Escaped 16

Potion of Growth, Potion of Healing,

+1 Battle Axe Weapon, uncommon

This ancient axe is made of grey stone marbled with purple veins. Its head is inscribed with ancient dwarven runes and its haft is covered with the cured hide of a purple worm.

I had a strong group of five. Jack Brewborn Artificer 2. Lomdas Chaos Brewer Cleric 2. Gaimus Swiftstrider 4. Bixby Rogue 1. Alfred Rogue 2 warlock 2. Welcome Bixby second D&D game and first adventure league game.

Alfred was given a mission from the cloaks to contact Leleanor at the Rusty Tankard tavern outside Fort Iron. Something about an old treasure map. Leleanor has a map which leads to treasure in the far tunnels of the old dwarf mine. The old dwarves don’t live there anymore because Mulmaster took over. Leleanor gives out so dungeon dweller loot and tells the group to chill out to midnight and not mess with the off-duty troops which guard the mine.

About 2000 a platoon of troops enters and make some nasty comments against the demi humans. Bixby and Alfred notice Sgt Carter dicing with his troop. Only he is swapping in a cheater die and still losing.

Bixby the rock gnome, “Sir why are losing and cheating at the same time.” The sergeant sputters and Alfred apologizes to the platoon and gives the sergeant 10 GP for the lie. After all the rock gnome has just eaten a bad rock. Granite it should have know better but you know how it is. About 2340 the sergeant calls last call and then moves his platoon out. Just before he leaves, he tells Alfred he is their contact and wait for the signal.

As the adventuring group is about to directly follow the troops out, they are nearly bowled over by a young female urchin with a nanny goat. The black nanny goat is blind. As she smears mud on the centaur’s silky tail, she mumbles things. Things about a shiny rock deep in the caves which is making the rocks scream. The goat tells the centaur to listen to child. Leleanor thinks the kid is crazy but she been bothering people at closing all the week.

The guard door at the gate was unlock and the fort only has one person manning the wall. Sgt Carter has changed the midnight watch to give his troopers time to sleep in. It is just a break. Well, a break in which is nearly spoiled repletely as the group trips over each other and the block and tackle.

The group enters the mine and the two dwarfs Jack and Lomdas proclaim this is duergar work not dwarf. But they have not clue where the acidy slime on the walls and floor come from. They travel for an hour fighting rock elementals and building rope bridges across pools of acid.

Another hour or so pass and they are attacked by a dead purple worm. Lomdas, “I told not to touch anything. But the worm is dead.” As Bixby climbs up the purple worm, Gaimus uses his winged boots to fly.

Bixby, “how does that work. You have the right boot on the front hoof and the left boot on the rear hoof.”

Gaimus, “Do not question the Weave young one.”

DM, “Or how looney Tunes D&D can get.”

As they drive pitons into the shelf the worm has mostly came to its final rest, the centaur accidently kicks the corpse which causes it to slide off the shelf and bury Jack again. Bixby sees a dead dwarf under and snags a potion off the corpse.

Malus Blackiron, “Hey kid. You don’t go snatching potions which don’t belong to you. What are a rogue or something?” His ghostly hand passes through Bixby’s hand. “Were is the rest of my party. I could most breath under there. Thanks for killing it for me.” Bixby moves the body which causes a nice shield with a nearly forgotten gawd to slide off the shelf and nearly hit Jack.

Malus, “Hey my shield. Toss back to me. Toss it better than that I could get a good grab at.”

Jack, “You are dead. You can’t catch anything.”

Malus, “I feel fine. I will prove to you. Captain America my face with MY Shield.” Malus lays down on the ground and pokes half his body over the shelf. Jack Captain Americas the shield through Malus’ face. Malus gets angry and summons a ghost axe and attacks the purple worm corpse. The group climb up to the shelf and loot the body all the while cheering the dead dwarf on. They travel on a few more hours and the winged boots lose their charge just feet before the final room.

They see a golden rock in the center of the room occasionally blue lighting bolts just from the gold rock to other rocks in the room. Seeing another adventuring group approaching from the other entrance they hide and then attack. The excitement causes the gold rock to start throwing off more blue bolts. Most of the bolts affect the troglodytes from the Earth Elemental Cult but some times affect the party. The honey badge doesn’t mind the blue bolts but like trying to eat Lomdas. The Acolyte and Deep Gnome stay at the rear of the action occasionally taking pot shots at Bixby. Who they nearly kill! But slowly they group throw off the mind alternating bolts and finish off the cultists. They loot the cult members and take the golden rock with them and give to Leleanor.

End of Session 353.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-12 Session

Dark Rites at Fort Dalton

Day 51-52

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 125 Monsters Captured 0 Monsters Escaped 16

Magic Items Sentinel Shield, Potion of healing, Potion of greater healing, scroll of absorb elements, and scroll of augury.

Story Award Missing Love One. You did not find your missing love one. Any time you encounter a Captive or undead during Season 2 Roll a d 20. On a Nat 20 you find your love one.

Story Award. Bless beach house. You cleansed the bath house. Gain 1d4 on one save throw in the future. You can only do this once.

Thanks to the two regulars who gave up seats so the irregular players could play. And sorry the table was full for the others who wanted to play. Seven players are my limit.

I had a strong group. Kai Raziel Warlock Genie 4. Lumdas Chaos Bender Cleric 2. Kasel Hard-shell Warlock Genie 1 Turtle. Juxis Rogue 1. Gunrokya sorcerer 1. Ed Monk 1. Magnus Wizard 1.

The noise level in the store was a major problem during the game and gave me a headache so I did skill some parts as I hit the second hour mark. And some of the set up was missed. Between bandits and kidnapping the group is looking for bandits of the Crushing Waver. It is a dark and stormy night both in the module and at the store. The group is following a map to the hide out when they are ambushed by members of the water cult. This evil cult members demand you bath daily and if you don’t, they drown you in salt water or stale Pabst Blue Ribbon. The ambush does not go and one of the cult members is captured.

Having only one humanoid who could pass a human, Magnus is shoved into a slightly soiled robe. This and the command word allows them to gain entrance to Fort Dalton. Inside the fort they rescue a cult member who was being attacked by mud mephits. Thus, gaining an ally, they were able to skip by the patrol and rescue some of the sea elves. (Elf is everywhere. Always watching. Even on my shelf at Christmas. Elf love everyone. Elf is friends.)

Thanks to Aquatic Elf and friends the group finds the secret entrance. Surprising the evil cultist Shelavassa. (Not that surprise but I did place the bad guys first and let the party place their PC second.) Gunrokya was able to plug the escape whirlpool with their ice breath and the evil cultists and ally died in three rounds. They do rescue Prince I not type the name.
End of session 356

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-13 Session

The Howling Void

Day 52- 53

Take a level, 10 downtime days. 2,000 GP.

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 149 Monsters Captured 0 Monsters Escaped 16

Start time 6:28 Finish 11:00

Magic Items Staff of Withering. Potion of Bottled Breath. Breath of Elemental air. Balloon Pack wondrous. Wingwear wondrous.

I have a very strong group of eight. Herresta 7 fighter barbarian. Snapper Halfshell tortle Fighter 8. Beatrice Jericho paladin. Tasimai Half elf Warlock 3 Druid 2. Four new players to Adventure League. Miathe Half elf Bard 5. Thorin Cleric 5. Gluebu Barbarian 5. Kratoy Wizard 5.

Sorry I did not have enough time to totally help flesh out the new people’s PC. Remember you can rebuild the pc between sessions. This was an eight-hour module I hacked down to under five hours. In the interest of time and having four new to me people, the only adjustment I made was to increase the HP of the encounters.

Tasimai is sole survivor of the last adventuring party. She was able to stop the Hurricanes an air elemental cult from opening the prime material plane to the air elemental plane. She meets and greets the new party members and leads them to question Sister Talia Keeper of the Crypts.

Miathe, “Would you answer my questions if I sing and bat my eye lashes at you?”

Sister Talia, “NO!”

Miathe, “Would you do for a Klondike Bar?”

Sister Talia, “NO!”

Miathe, “Okay two Klondike bars and a song?”

Sister Talia, “I snuck twenty cult members down to crypts. The pass word is weather. There is elemental node in the crypt. It is guarded.”

The group takes off for the crypts. The trash the cultists with Kratoy nearly getting killed. Using the password, they enter a node of the Air Elemental plane. The arrival area has transportation pad which is powering up and will power up as soon as the cloud at three of clock drifts overhead. While they are waiting two flying plate mail guardians fly down and try to beat up the party. Result two slightly holey Wingwear suits.

As the first cloud passes overhead, the teleportation pad transport them into a mirror universe where everyone is wearing beards, and evil music is playing. (WRONG SHOW SORRY.) The group is transported to the evil Doctor Honey Dew lab. Five people are chocking in front of them. Herresta punches Dr Honey Dew while the others rescue four of the lab partners. Beeker one of rescued lab partners points out the Kenku Pirates and their Air Ship. Greed jumps into the party face and they eliminate all but the Captain of the Good Air Ship Hidden Burg. The Good Captain takes them temple of Y over C except after V. A stone Behir is guarding it and nearly kills Kratoy.

Module, “that didn’t happen. You made the breath weapon too long when you first described it.”

DM, “yes, I did and I caught in time. If everyone was in the area of effect only two party members would have lived if everyone failed their saving throw.”

Module, “Yes get the monster right next time.”

Beeker tells the group to destroy the gong which will mess up part of the ritual. After gonging the gong and tossing it off the side of the cloud, they go to prison where fluffy George is being held captive by the evil but stupid Storm Giant. Freeing the captive successfully, Halfshell and Miathe are captured by the sleeping giant. They hum a quick lullaby to escape.

They fly to bats in the bell tower. Um Aarakocra in the bell towers. Some good performance and persuasion from Miathe give them the information. Each bell tower is a different height starting at ten feet and going to fifty feet. Each bell tower is protected by an invisible guardian. Each bell can be destroyed by physical, arcana, or thief abilities. For a song and dance performed by Miathe and Halfshell the Aarakocras will not attack the party while the party destroy the bells. One adventurer is assigned a bell each well mostly. One spare adventurer Kratoy will provide spell cover while the others who are not singing or dancing destroy the bell. The bells are successfully destroyed. Well, Tisiama misses destroying her bell. But she is nearly saved by Herresta who leaps from the fifty-foot tower, bounces off bell, and the invisible stalker, and inside of the tower, and the ground. The paladin leaps from his tower, destroys the bell, kills the stalker, and belly flops off of Herresta. The group returns to their ship and gets caught into the first good blow (HEY THIS PG GUYS.) of the storm.

The kenku captain rams the npcs ship and ship to ship battle begins. We will not mention the wall of force. Or the fireball into four members in the crow nest. But they knock over most of the cultists into the Air Elemental node. The boss fireballs himself to try to take some one with him but fails.

Nice blend of combat, role playing and thinking out of the box.

End of Session 357.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-16 Session

The Howling Void

Day 53 - 56

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 157 Monsters Captured 2 Monsters Escaped 18

Magic Item Medallion of Thoughts

Start time 5:38 Finish 8:05

Thanks everyone for coming and especially the ones who brought rations for the Kill and Grill. Especially Jimmy for the hamburgers and helping to cook.

I had a strong group of five but treated as average because it the holidays. Periwinkle Goliath Wild Magic barbarian. Lumanai Genasi Fire Diviner Wizard 4. Jimmy Aarakocra Archer 1 First AL session. Bon Jovie Bard 1 Halfling. Cricket Tri-kreen Ranger 1.

The group is on the Good Ship Smokey eating breakfast. They be hired to protect a short-bearded dwarf name Furgis Boltsmelter who on the way to a city to pick up a book. Jimmy sees a kraken pulling four surfer Skiing dudes. The Kraken heads directly for the ship.

Boltsmelter, “Hey here for my book. Repel boards. And don’t give the ship. If you died you are getting fined my deposit, I gave you.” He dashes downstairs to the second deck.

Lumanai, “Wait a minute I thought he was going to pick up the book.” The Kraken tail flips the surfer chicks on to the ship. “That not fair. Breaking the Action”, grumped Lumanai.

DM, “I a drama Lama!” After only allowing one person to escape the group talks to their boss.

Boltsmelter, “yes tomorrow will are docking at Mulmaster. I will make contact with one my contacts. No, I allow you to make contact to one my contacts. Who will smuggle us out the city. No problem. And if you fail you more money.”

Lumanai, “Wait a minute. We are going to Mulmaster. A city which hates spellcasters unless they are in the secret police. Open spellcasting is Illegal unless you are a red cloak. We have a dwarf with a pass, an insect, a bird person, a halfling, a fire Genasi, and dumb Goliath. And we only have one disguise kit. Does every one got that. No casting magic. Humans good. Spellcasters are scum. And all other races lower than pond scum. How are we going to do this and which contact are we going to choose. We are going to have work over time tonight. And according to surfer dude the earth cult wants the book to open a portal to the elemental plane of earth.”

Periwinkle, “Why does earth need plane. Air elemental should have plane. Look it is a bird!”

Boltsmelter, “You contact states no overtime pay.”

One long rest, and one disguise kit later. A Flaming hot red hair mother, with her huge nanny with an ugly baby with five o’clock shadow get off the ship. Her dwarf servant is walking a strange pink aarakocra on a purple leash. Mommy Lumanai is holding the green Tri-kreen on a blue leash. She demands to know where dock 13 is. A freaky out dock worker points the way. Along the way the baby (Bon Jovie) starts banging on a drum while Nanny Periwinkle tries to quiet the loud baby. This display and noise help clears the crowd but the DM does not break up. The group arrives at dock 13.

Nanny Goliath Periwinkle shoves angry baby halfling Bon Jovie into Radomir Panin face who is directing dock workers. Periwinkle, “Baby talk to Baby. QUIETLY or I make burp!”

(DM. WHAT. Okay Mulmaster hates non humans but half the modules have non humans as contacts or with jobs. Holy freaking not following the story bible.”

Radomir is smoking Silkroot. “What do you want?” Bon Jovi casts magic hand and quickly Mommy and DM ask WTF? A brief pause while the bard is warned magic is basically illegal in town.

Radomir, “Gee mama you have an ugly loud baby. What do you want?” She puffs on Silkroot. Bon Jovi mage hands one the cigars out her stash. Periwinkle shifts to block the line of sight of the city cops and steals two of the Silkroot and lights up. After enjoying a smoke between the three and compromise was reached. Radomir will smuggle the group out in a covered wagon but they own her one night as watch person in her warehouse.

Later about an hour outside of Mulmaster, the are stopped by a special forces dwarven patrol who demand Boltsmelter and his book. A few looks around happen (and a five-minute break while the dm gets a hot dog and the group plans.) Bon Jovie steals the book. Jimmy snatchy the medallion from Boltsmelter’s neck. Periwinkle grabs the dwarf.

Boltsmelter, “Hey our contract said you had to get me safely out Mulmaster and…”

Lumanai, “Safely was exactly spelled out. You be safe with your own kind.”

The goliath yeeks the dwarf toward the special forces dwarf unit just as a hook horror with Earth Cult tabard crashes through the wagon. Five Black Earth Cultists balloon pack down. Periwinkle rages and just the smell of her armpits kill four of the cultists. The dwarves flee. The Cultists flee. The hook Horror dies. The group keeps the book and medallion.

End of Session 369.

jasper

Rotten DM
Yes ran number 16 out of order as it was the holidays and we were doing a pot luck. So the food is more important than the gaming. 2 more sessions.

jasper

Rotten DM
oopps . I was informed by Cricket that Hillsfar is the human only city and Mulmaster magic restricted city. OPPS. Stuff happens when you mix three seasons in one week.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-14 Session

The Sword of Selfaril

Day 56 -Day 58

Take a level, 10 downtime days. 3,000 GP.

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 170 Monsters Captured 3 Monsters Escaped 18

Magic Item Potion of Greater Healing, The Wall of Teeth +2 Shield Armor (shield), rare

This shield is fashioned of dull, black steel and festooned with hundreds upon hundreds of human teeth. Whenever the wielder of the shield is presented with an opportunity to act in a selfish or malevolent way, the item heightens the wielder’s urge to do so.

Start time 2:22 Finish 4:35

I had a weak group of four. Snapper Hardshell Rune Knight 9 Small Tortle. Squawk wizard 9 Kenku. Thorrin Dwarf fighter 5. Xasys Plasmoid Monk 8.

The group is on the way back from searching unsuccessfully for Bolts masters book when a halfling with a short sword appears out the bushes. Two knights of Mulmaster appear behind it and mention taking the sword and killing the witnesses. After killing one and taking the other knight prisoner, a mage name Shan appears and executes the prisoner. In trade of a platinum trade bar each, the group will try to get the old king back in power. One problem. The old king disappeared a hundred years ago. Shan does a ritual which summons the old king out the sword. Selfaril is not happy he been incased in a sword for a few decades. But he will grant the adventurers the title of Kings Guard and if he wins the throne back he will ennoble everyone. Including the Jello.

The group sneaks into Mulmaster and the Wave and Wink tavern. A hundred years ago this was an upscale bar, now it is a biker bar. Selfaril is able to get a concealed door open to the wine um beer keg storage room. Moving some kegs aside, he opens a trap door to his secret lair.

Well it was a secret lair a hundred years ago. Now a sewer, a few trolls, and garbage monsters have run through it. Clearing out the trolls and Otyugh, they find their way to the lair’s living room. While taking a long rest, the former king has been in contact with members of the current power structure. But the powers that be, want some face time with the new Kings Guard.

Snapper takes the lead in the negotiations and is surprised when the DM says role play first then dice play. Snapper is able to all but the Hangmen and Red Wizards on their side. He very carefully talks to Better Business Bureau. Correction the Better Beholder Brigand hold out for chocolate bar, and a second season of Firefly. Now Snapper has to invent the Snickers Candy Bar and Firefly but he will do this later in the season. Snapper tells the old king about his allies.

Later that afternoon, the old king and his forces march on the castle. The allies are able to pull the opposing forces off. As King Selfaril gets into crossbow range, he calls for single combat against High Blade Drakehorn who accepts.

During the duel, one of Drakehorn’s friends summons three devils. The group counter charges the devils and put them down. But they don’t otherwise take part in the duel. Selfaril wins. The Church of Bane is put down. The characters are ennobled.

End of Session 379.

jasper

Rotten DM
DDEX02-15 Session

The Black Heart of Vengeance

Day 58 0800 to Day 58 2000

Take a level, 10 downtime days. 5,000 GP.

PC Killed 4 Monsters Killed 180 Monsters Captured 3 Monsters Escaped 21

Start Time 2:15 Finish Time 6:38

Magic Item Potion of Greater Healing, Elemental Gem Yellow Diamond,

Great Sword of Wounding Weapon (greatsword), Rare (requires attunement)

This sword’s blade is serrated along the back edge with a single, deep fuller running the length of its blade, bifurcating the point. The sharkskin-wrapped hilt ends in a pommel fashioned of a large, unfinished gemstone. This sword, however, has a tragic history. Anyone familiar with Aleyd Burral and her fall from grace recognizes the weapon and treat the wielder with suspicion.

I had a strong group of six. Feralda Forest Gnome Evocation Wizard 8. Marketh Aasimar Scourge Aasimar 5. Kami Haah Lightfoot (And light weight) halfling Drunken Monk 10. Misea Elot Harengon Armorer Artificer 10. Buzz Thri-keen Battlesmith Artificer 5. Eironsvard Mountain Dwarf Fighter 5. Slim Goliath Berserker Barbarian 5.

Again sorry during this series of mixing Hillsfar and Mulmaster cities together. Hillsfar are the human only, and Mulmaster mages are regulated.

Welcome back Feralda and Welcome Marketh.

The group has been hired by Blade Cora Peytir. Her man cave resembles a cheap tavern think Applebee’s without the booths. She asks the group to investigate a series of attacks which happen just be good king Eddy took the throne three days ago. (Last module see Sword of Selfaril)

Cora, “My extend family business have come under attack during the glorious revolution which slimy um GOOD KING EDDIE on the throne just three days past. The Home Wood Depot in town was swallowed by a sink hole and burned three weeks ago. A week ago Auntie Uncle Ardet Peytir mansion had a huge earthquake which was not due a high level caster but a specificity target earthquake causes the mansion to collapse. The rubble is being cleared and we hope Aunt Ardet is just trapped under the rumble. (GRR AUTHORS. Never ever use the same beginning letter for your NPCS. Just notice I combined two NPCs during the game.) Three days during the overthrow of Bad King Bob out lumber yard outside of town was hit by an earthquake. Now who is your leader so I can give them their papers.?”

Slim, “My Lead.” Cora and the DM face palms themselves.

Arriving at Home Wood Depot, the store front is still up. But only the store front. The rest has been burned down and fell into a sink hole. The co-owner Fatell is working at clearing the site with his work crew. Investigating the sinkhole and basement, some occult activity is notice by Misea.

Whispering Misea, “looks like a regular fire cult ritual got out hand. Maybe Buzz should ask the owner some more questions.”

Buzz, “Sir are you a member of the Red Fire Cult?” Fatell flashes a cult sign, “No. I a member of the blessed Quark. Gawd of Merchants.” Eironsvard screams, “CULT SIGN Get them.” Unfortunately, none of the cult member survive to be questioned. The cops arrive late to scene and are not happy that Slim has a temporary detective badge.

Misea, “I wonder why they didn’t use their fire resistance until halfway through the encounter?” (Because the DM Forgot!”

The group takes a quick lunch and moves on to the mansion. Part of one outer wall of the mansion has been rebuild. However, the middle age Fedosia is still looking for Uncle Ardet. She occasionally shoves a speaking tube down into the rubble and calls for Ardet.

Slim, “We talk. Me move rubble. Ardet good person, has enemies alive?”

Fedosia is still slightly upset but replies, “Ardet was drunk. More interested in beer than business. But he did heckle some the LOYAL LIBERATORS FOR GOOD KING EDDY. Last week at the Hammer Tree Tavern which is next to the lumber yard. But I need to find my living Auntie Ardet.”

Misea, “Hmm. According to my history check you would inherit if your Aunt Ardet is dead. So why are you look so hard?” Fedosia throws them offsite and they leave because they don’t want the cops bothering in the same 90-minute frame. Arriving at timber yard outside of town, they see an elf and his assistant taking notes. They are being heckled by some Liberators just across the street at the Hammer Tree Tavern.

Eironsvard, “I sit down with the Liberators to see if I can join up.”

Misea, “I will go talk to the elf since he does not appear to be bothered by the heckling.”

Drunken Monk, “I go and enter the bar and buy drinks!”

Glasses come off the DM. Give me a minute. Okay I take Misea suggestion.

Misea and the accountant Edik talk. He really wasn’t off shift when the earthquake happened because he had a hook up going on. Ardet was an okay boss as he arrived late, left early and let the workers do their jobs without their interference. Marketh is helping the accountant when he pulls a black cloak out the rubble. Inside the shoulder is the rank ensign of a corporal of the Liberators. Edik is outrage and picks up an axe. “Those pieces of BEEP!” He turns and walks toward the hecklers and Eironsvard.

Eironsvard is having trouble joining the army of Liberators because GOOD KING EDDY is in charge. But if he really wants to join. He has to be initiated. “Pants the Elf!” Eironsvard stands and goes toward Edik who is waving an axe. The liberators all stand up and chairs hit the porch floor

Meanwhile in the bar Kami is buying drinks for everyone. She is given a half hug by Wylan Burral, “Friend that is a nice gesture but.”

Kami, “Arm and hands off or I will pull the off and beat you to death with them. I.” Buzz notices the axe waving elf. Buzz, “Trouble outside!” Wylan watches as the two adventurers dash for the door he starts whistling. Not a fight tune but a call tune.

Eironsvard whacks the elf over the head for (where are the stats for Edik. No stats. So Commoner.) Eironsvard appears to kill Edik. His assistant runs off for the cops yelling murder, death, kill. Eironsvard takes up the call for the police. Most of the party attacks the Liberator Hecklers. Misea sees Wylan trying to open a window to escape so she hops through the window and forces him back. One of the Liberators shoves Kami back through the window.

Eironsvard screams, “Citizen’s arrest. Citizen’s arrest!”, while beating the heckler. Feralda sleeps the bar crowd on purpose. Most of the hecklers are down and Wylan is still stunned when his back up bulette and Burrowshark (which not a shark) burst through the floor and the monster grabs the drunken monk and pulls her down. The Harengon, barbarian, artificer, and others hop in and out the hole to attack the bulette.

Feralda finally sleeps Wylan and Eironsvard drags him through the open window toward the police. Marketh is trying to calm the police town and say the NPCs started it. The Burrowshark nearly zeros out the monk but their mount is killed. They back flip off the bulette and start to curse.

Misea, “Um Point of Lore DM. Bulette don’t leave tunnels.” The DM lines out the paragraph in the module. She steals the yellow diamond from the Burrowshark to let them go. Wylan is awarded and questioned NICELY since the cops are now on the party side. During a second short rest the group buys some supplies to get through the two monster guards who are in the Stonevault.

They were successful sneaking through four rooms when Slim yells, “I want to kill something. Come out monsters so I can kill something.” The lanterns and torches flare revealing a mix Earth cult and above a ledge some bull snorts and an noble laughing. The party attacks and generally are wining until the two bull gorgons arrive from the upper ledge and start stomping the party. Feralda nearly dies but is saved by the paladin. By the time Ardet arrives at the top of ledge the party has the upper hand.

Auntie Ardet, “By losers, I have other hideouts. See you next season if we get picked up by Fox!” She melts into the stone. Which signals some of the rest of cult members to try the same thing but only one makes it. The party rescues the prisoners.

End of Session 385

Notes on Season 2. This is an okay season but a DM will have to take notes of the various house conflicts. Playing this out of order and with months between game play will lead it to be disjoined.

jasper

Rotten DM
Hey A player just gave me a morale boost.
He messaged me and asked what module did Feralda play in. I was able to answer due to these write ups.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases