• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Jemals School

renau1g

First Post
"Aye, there's nothing more that I'd like to try than my hand at this thing" Zero replies, taking out his firearm and a small rag, polishing the surface.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Cal shuffles in excitement at the prospect of signing up for his first arena battle. Nettle mirrors the boy with energetic tail-wagging that thumps anyone standing near the wolf. "I'm up for it!" Cal looks at the other students surrounding him, does a quick count, and frowns. "There's six of us. A maximum of five can fight in a group. So, two groups..." He goes silent, mentally configuring groups. He frowns again. "So, whaddaya think?"

Theroc

First Post
"Unfortunate that our entire group cannot participate. Now we must decide who works directly with whom in the arena. I personally am not a very physical combatant, if anyone did not notice... I summon beings from other Planes to do my physical fighting in my stead. My recommendation is that we determine one another's strengths and weaknesses, and try to get two groups with complimenting composition..."

Coravin pondered. He had little actual field experience, save summoning a few infernal creatures to terrify pickpockets during his life. Actual combat is not something he's familiar with. The man began thinking on his readied spells, and how they would aid him when it came to confrontation.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Jamien's chainmail rattled as he shuffled around to make sure it's on tightly enough, and the arming doublet below did not impair his movements. "I am best used when protecting frail allies. Although i can also hold my own and enter by myself. I think we should go in asa team of myself, the Wizard and the young Dragon, yes?"

The Knight preferred he rode his mount in combat, but for his first try he decided not to slow the group down.

Rathan

First Post
Terrance stumbled a bit as he let his new stick guide him to the arena... or so he hoped.... his moments were guided by the new device he'd purchased and hoped his companions were not to far ahead of him....

Aussir starts to shout excitedly.[sblock=undercommon]"AUSSIR EAT FACE! AUSSIR EAT FACE!"[/sblock] The exited kobold jumps up and down in the air his wings flapping. When he notices the rest of the group watching him he settles down and sheepishly clears his throat before continuing hesitantly."What Aussir mean to say is Aussir takes ...off..ens..ive roll in combat. Aussir goes out and ... eng...ages... en..e...my com..bat..ants in close...range ... melee."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Cal is surprised at Aussir's outburst (though even this early in their friendship he probably shouldn't be) and doesn't understand the kobold until he switches to common. "Ah, yes. So, Aussir can fight, and it seems fairly obvious that Jamien can fight. Nettle can hold his own but I'm not sure how he'll handle the arena. I prefer the bow but I've got a bit of magic to use, too." Cal gazes at Zero and then points at the man's arquebus. "What is that thing? A club? So do you fight in the front line?"

Jemal

Adventurer
As the students deliberate over who should go in which group, There is an *OOF* as Terrance walks out of a nearby hallway and trips over the over-excited Aussir. As he picks himself up, he and Keizaan get their first glimpse of the massive dome that is the Arena, the same trio that the others had seen earlier currently inside a dark dungeon corridor, navigating their way across a slippery log set above a very deep pit.

Remove ads