• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Jeremy Crawford discusses what are the 2024 Fitfh Edition Core Rulebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

codo

Hero
Yes, I honestly don't see how Crawford could have made it more clear that mixing and matching options in a given character, let alone table, is an explicit design aim.
The designers keep explicitly stating their goals over and over and over again, but there are still people who refuse to believe them. At this point I just don't know there is a way for them to make people understand. If some someone is convinced that they are dishonest liars, I don't think there is anything WotC can do to actually make people believe them.

Got it. For future reference, "politely disengaging" from the conversation usually doesn't look like telling the other person they are wrong on everything. That fits neither "polite" nor "disengaging". Politely disengagement looks more like saying what you just did above, or even walking away without trying to get in a last word.
My apologies. I wasn’t trying to get the last word. I felt it would be rude to not respond. I felt saying “I disagree” was expressing my opinion without saying you are wrong in the most concise way possible. I’m sorry it didn’t come off that way.

Last edited:

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
I was curious what the changes where between editions of Call of Cthulhu and turns out that over 7 editions, all that's really changed is more skill points at character creation and the way Luck works. Yeah and some minor tweaks here and there like changing the name of a skill etc.

Found that interesting.

I was curious what the changes where between editions of Call of Cthulhu and turns out that over 7 editions, all that's really changed is more skill points at character creation and the way Luck works. Yeah and some minor tweaks here and there like changing the name of a skill etc.

Found that interesting.
Yes, they are notorious for making their editions more like text book editions

Last edited:

codo

Hero

Found that interesting.
Chaosium and Call of Cthulhu actually use "edition" in the traditional and normal way. Their editions are just small incremental changes, that are fully compatible with older editions. It maybe coincidental, but Chaosium is the only one of the original RPG publishers, that started in the 70's that hasn't gone out of business. Looks like small incremental changes and backwards compatible may be a successful business model. Slow and steady wins the race.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The monk is coming in the next couple of weeks, but the way I heard it is that Experts/Priests would be the next packet after that. Are we getting Monk and Expert/Priest in 2 weeks?
Well, at different points Crawford seemed to day we'd see both the Monk, and those revised Classes, "soon". So far, all packets have dropped within a couple weeks of the last survey ending. My guess is we will see 7 Classes in the next packet, by months end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads