D&D 3E/3.5 Jewish magic items?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the Jester

Legend
The manual of golems seems like an obvious choice, along with the various staves of the serpent and the horn of blasting, and I believe that phylacteries are based on something that is present, if not exclusive to, Jewish traditions.

Here is one the ring of solomon ... throw it at a demon and it imprisons the demon.

I kind of think the iron flask is D&D's version of this.

I think a lamp that burns for 8 days is pretty weak in D&D terms- compare to an everburning torch. So I'd probably improve on that one (no offense to the Hebrews).

Is zwieback Jewish? The Book of Marvelous Magic (from the old D&D line that paralleled 1e, IIRC) has zweiback of zymurgy in it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There was the breastplates of righteousness and glory (un splittable each with a tribe name and precious stone) ... perhaps also a big insight or wisdom booster perhaps some warlord like team work bonus or similar
1586572059242.png

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Speaking of another item from Judaism, the Phylactery, such as the magic item Phylactery of Faithfulness, was inspired from the faith as well. (That one didn’t make it into 5e, but was a magic item clear into the 3.5 era.)

EDIT - missed The Jester’s mention of these already.

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I believe that phylacteries are based on something that is present, if not exclusive to, Jewish traditions.

Yes of course the Tellifin - those leather boxes that are strapped to the forehead during prayer and contain verses from the Torah to remind Jewish men to follow the Law.

The DnD usage is its general meaning of a container for a ‘magic’ charm so still related generally

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases