Joachim's Red Hand of Doom Story Hour (Updated 06/01!)

R-Hero

Explorer
Coolness!! Great start so far.

First nitpick, though.
The Goliath uses a Shield/Trident combo. Not a sword... (least not yet)
(Don't feel bad though, Joe does this sort of thing alll the time. ;))

I love that you made Garth "chatty". Lends itself to the innatentive flaw.

Joachim

First Post
R-Hero said:
First nitpick, though.
The Goliath uses a Shield/Trident combo. Not a sword... (least not yet)
(Don't feel bad though, Joe does this sort of thing alll the time. ;))

Crap, you're right. I fixed it. Sorry about that.

Ika_Greybeard

First Post
Trellian said:
Great start! Seems like the opening encounter went very smooth. May I ask what a Cleric, cloistered means, by the way?

It is from Unearthed Arcana it is a variant cleric that has spent more time in study than in Field work. You get more skill points but a poor BAB and cannnot wear nothing but light armor.

Looks like a very interesting group. BTW, how many skillpoints do you get for the penalties for the cloistered cleric?

Tiamat is always a very interesting over-villain & you can always count on dragon adversaries!

JollyDoc

Explorer
Graywolf-ELM said:
Yay, just found this. Fun to read about the new characters, and I've never heard of the Red Hand of Doom before.

GW

It's a published mega-adventure by WoTC, intended to take characters from 5th through 12th level. Most of us reached 7th this past week (sorry Durgarl).

Thanks for the link! It takes the cleric away from his combat abilities, though, which might especially be important in a lower level party of only 4 characters with only one frontline fighter...

Joachim

First Post
Sorry I have been away from the boards this week...been really busy. To respond to NWK's comments, between Garth's shield, Fendric's fireballs, and Garet's skirmishing, the group has plenty of damage for any 3 member group. Durgarl's extremely proficient at healing, moreso than your average 6th-7th level cleric would be, and at the low levels that tends to be the straw that stirs the drink.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases