Joachim's Red Hand of Doom Story Hour (Updated 06/01!)

JollyDoc

Explorer
Wow...look at all the dust gathered in here. Can anyone hear me....me...e...e....
Echo...echo...o....o...
Was that a tumbleweed?

<I'd be careful about posting on this thread anymore...I hear it's haunted...>

gfunk

First Post
I suppose the semi-good news (from the reader's perspective anyway) is that we will be playing Red Hand for two solid weeks following this weekend (Gen Con). So, hopefully, you guys can at least get sunday night updates.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
JollyDoc said:
<I'd be careful about posting on this thread anymore...I hear it's haunted...>
Some say the hobgoblin ghost still roams this thread, trying to avenge its grisly death...

Demiurge out.

JollyDoc

Explorer
At the very least, I can synopsize Sunday's session. Our brave band, with the aid of an elf maid, assaulted the lair of a black dragon in the swampy ruins of a lost city. Six ogres went down with no damage to us. Subsequently, our valiant warrior faced another greenspawn razor wing, and chased it as it fled beneath the water, beating it into a bloody pulp. When we faced the actual dragon, he came with an ettin, an elf hating, goblin ranger, and a hobgoblin inquisitor. The ranger, trying to target my wild elf scout, got owned. Ettin went down with a bit more trouble, and the dragon with much trouble, but no loss of life. Hobgoblin ran, then threatened to kill a new addition to our group, an unconscious duskblade. While my scout kept the hob occupied with idle banter, our fighter came from behind and clocked him with his spiked shield. Game over. Next, we head out in search of a ghost king, to return an amulet that was stolen from him.

gfunk

First Post
JollyDoc said:
At the very least, I can synopsize Sunday's session.

:eek:

I see that you returned from GenCon w/ your 1st place Mojo intact. That encounter went a lot easier for you guys than I thought it would. Sounds like Red Hand got PWN3D!

Hopefully, you'll get all that Mojo out of your system before we tangle w/ Dragotha . . . :]

gfunk said:
:eek:

I see that you returned from GenCon w/ your 1st place Mojo intact. That encounter went a lot easier for you guys than I thought it would. Sounds like Red Hand got PWN3D!

Hopefully, you'll get all that Mojo out of your system before we tangle w/ Dragotha . . . :]
I don't want to think about what will happen to the league if he doesn't... :eek:

Also, between the dragon and the ettin, I would have bet on at least one casulty in the fight. Kudos for proving that wrong! :D

Joachim

First Post
Sorry...been away from the boards here for a few days.

Yeah, the Red Hand got punked by the good guys in this last week's session. Goliath+Improved Shield Bash+Bashing Shield enchantment is very, very broken. And if the the goblin ranger could have rolled higher than a nat 5 to hit, he might have actually done some damage.

Again, sorry about the lack of posting on this board. When I started it I thought that I would have time, but realized that not to be the case. When I actually get time, I tend to forget about this. Not good, I know.

R-Hero

Explorer
Joachim said:
Sorry...been away from the boards here for a few days.

Yeah, the Red Hand got punked by the good guys in this last week's session. Goliath+Improved Shield Bash+Bashing Shield enchantment is very, very broken. And if the the goblin ranger could have rolled higher than a nat 5 to hit, he might have actually done some damage.

[Sarcasm on]
Yes, bad broken....because fighters are so overpowered in the world of DnD...
[/Sarcasm off]
PHHHTTT :p

Look, I am a product of my new enviroment. Powergaming with you guys is like Bilbo and the Ring. The longer I am exposed to it... :]

I found a respectable combination that on paper will help a low level party fighter-type. I am nowhere near the capabilities of the Gen-Con 1st place winners.

Well, maybe its a little broken...no penalty to attacks underwater with a Large Spiked shield just because it does piercing damage might be a strech.

Remove ads