Joachim's Red Hand of Doom Story Hour (Updated 06/01!)

R-Hero said:
Well, maybe its a little broken...no penalty to attacks underwater with a Large Spiked shield just because it does piercing damage might be a strech.
Does sound a tad rediculous! :confused:

Still, if there weren't so many bugs in the game mechanics, they probably could not justify the next edition... :eek: (oh no, he didn't)

JollyDoc

Explorer
Wow! I think this thread has the most views and the most replies for a SH with only one update! Must be some kind of record!

war wizard

First Post
You gotta be kidding

Hmmm. Apparently the gen-con prizes also included a Periapt of Proof against Irony.

Rich you saying anything about “broken” classes/feats/skills… I just got two words for ya

Grimm Graka ;)

Joachim

First Post
Funny story about Grimm...after the first session that I played him, when everyone had left, I told Joe, "Man...I think that I may have outdone myself with this one...maybe I should power him down a little bit."

Joe's response: "Keep him...you guys are going to need him."

JollyDoc

Explorer
Joachim said:
Funny story about Grimm...after the first session that I played him, when everyone had left, I told Joe, "Man...I think that I may have outdone myself with this one...maybe I should power him down a little bit."

Joe's response: "Keep him...you guys are going to need him."

And I stand by that. As I recall, I think there is still an insane demon prince by the name of Adimarchus still running around out there.

war wizard

First Post
Oh please let's not bring up that travesty of a fraud of a sham of a complete and total train wreck!

If we must bring up things that are broken let us discuss modules that are released in magazines that apparently have no play testing to speak of. Saving throws that can only be made by Odin or Zeus on a natural 20!

Claw, claw, bite, wing buffet, wing buffet, tail lash attack vs a small opponent that’s already inside the dragons mouth. ;)

JollyDoc

Explorer
war wizard said:
Oh please let's not bring up that travesty of a fraud of a sham of a complete and total train wreck!

If we must bring up things that are broken let us discuss modules that are released in magazines that apparently have no play testing to speak of. Saving throws that can only be made by Odin or Zeus on a natural 20!

Claw, claw, bite, wing buffet, wing buffet, tail lash attack vs a small opponent that’s already inside the dragons mouth. ;)

Ummm...but you gotta love that visual!

Solarious

Explorer
You guys seem to be making good use out of the PHBII. I wonder how much more insanity you can squeeze out of the Book of Nine Swords. You guys got a copy for winning GenCon's dungeon crawl, didn't you? It would be nice to get what your opinions are on the revised melee power levels.

Joachim

First Post
Solarious said:
You guys seem to be making good use out of the PHBII. I wonder how much more insanity you can squeeze out of the Book of Nine Swords. You guys got a copy for winning GenCon's dungeon crawl, didn't you? It would be nice to get what your opinions are on the revised melee power levels.

Wait until Savage Tides...you will get your answer then.

Remove ads