Job System Early Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Knight Otu said:
As it stands, it is harder to become a magecrafter than any other job (though I guess other jobs may turn out to be even harder to get into), requiring at least level 3. They also need to use more resources than the average craftsman, as you noted. Let's see..

I assumed max ranks, ability scores and the Skill Focus feat for the craftsman, putting all ability score increases into the key ability. For the magecrafter, I assumed 2 IC feats at 3rd level, and 1 additional IC feat with each 3rd level, and each 5th level (wizard). For each job, the real pay will usually be lower. So yes, I guess halving the pay for magecrafters and adding some additional income for other jobs might be necessary...

I think that table is fine for the half-price crafter. Yes it's hard to get into, but it pays well, and is therefor rewarding since you have to spend feats to do it. (That's why I suggested the bonus for craft masterwork). It encourages crafters, and rewards them for taking a feat, which is usually the point of taking a feat.

Velmont

First Post
I think the best reward of taking a Craft feat is to be able to craft that kind of item, and so be able to get it earlier and at lower cost. So, I would just equilibrate withbthe others, because even if items worth more, the market is smaller than normal goods.

azmodean

First Post
I agree with Velmont that the item creation feats don't need added value. (especially in a living campaign where crafting doesn't drop you behind your "party", you can just hook up with a party that is at your current level.)

In short, I think the mage(or psi)crafter should make about the same as the skill-based craftsman, or perhaps have a standardised skill-based income plus a standardised feat-based income (excepting skill focus of course, don't want people benefiting twice from the same feat)

This would also get us a proposal that is ready for voting quicker, as it would cover all the bases instead of needing to create all of the jobs up front.

Velmont

First Post
I wanted to know if we will wait for all ob to be done before judging the fate of this rule, because it may influence the shop rules.

Bront

The man with the probe
Velmont said:
I think the best reward of taking a Craft feat is to be able to craft that kind of item, and so be able to get it earlier and at lower cost. So, I would just equilibrate withbthe others, because even if items worth more, the market is smaller than normal goods.

I think the complaint I have more revolves around the craft point system as it limits crafting. There are now several complaints about it's limits in the general thread as well, particularly the craft masterwork feat. I think that the job thread can bring back some of the rewards of crafting and make it more feasable to craft normal items (Which, by virtue of a feat, are not supposedly as valuable as magical items as far as how the system works).

Velmont

First Post
So, what happening with this proposition. It have been quiet for a long time, and I am interested to know what will happen with this idea. Is it simply dead?

Velmont

First Post
Ok, it has been forgotten, and I thought of it, and I said myself, keep it simple, so here a new suggestion:

Job System

A character may earn a living just as anyone else. To be able to gain his life a normal way, a character must spend 500 gp to buy a shop, permit to produce shows, lands to farm, ect... Note that shop might be used to trade item too. (Look other thread for that)

Once per real-time month spent inactive, that character may roll a Craft, Perform or Profession roll to earn money. The money earn is equal to 5 + half the skill modifier gold pieces.

I choose 5 + half the skill modifier because Profession says half the Profession roll, which on long term is equivalent to that. We save to roll each time we use that.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I will submit it now, so it can be discuss, but it is dependent of the leadership proposal.

Job System & Cohort

A cohort who doesn't come into an adventure with a character, may continue his leader's work. Each month the character is in adventure and the cohort is inactive allow the character to earn half the amount he would earn usually if the character had stayed inactive.

I make that addition so if someone who have a cohort is left behind, at least, his feat will not become a complete waste, even if the influence is pretty small.

Velmont

First Post
Oh, yeah... There are two more things that could be discuss about that proposition. I have not included it yet, but will do if most people are in favor.

- Earn money once per real-time week instead of once per real-time month. I still doesn't think it would be abusive.

- What is considered inactive... for now, I would tell it is simply you are not in adventure, nor in the RDI. I don't think it would be abusive if we could consider someone waiting in the RDI abusive. Or we could possibly fall in all waiting player fall totally inactive to earn money, and when an adventure appear, a rush of player come to the Inn...

So, I don't change my proposition yet. I prefer to start with something low and raise it than the opposite... but I would be in favor of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads