• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Jocks and Nerds: If you like D&D, do you like ... the NFL Draft? (POLL)

If you play D&D, are you also interested in the NFL Draft?

• 1. I will be watching the prime-time coverage of the First Round!

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 2. I want to know who is drafted, but I am not interested enough to watch.

Votes: 17 20.2%
  • 3. I have an NFL team, but c'mon, who cares about a draft.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • 4. I don't live in America. Isn't football doing the Champions League right now?

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • 5. I play D&D. I don't root for laundry.

Votes: 23 27.4%
  • 6. If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Votes: 6 7.1%

• Poll closed .

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
After the first round, the draft (in any sport) is a boring slog. The draft also rarely matters much... Tomb Brady was drafted in the 6th round.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Option 1 fits me perfectly. I have been a fantasy footballer for over 20 years. I remember jocks in High School calling me a nerd for reading the paper box scores and figuring out fantasy scores for the league. Now, all those jocks are diehard fantasy footballers too.

I wouldn't watch if it wasn't for fantasy. Also, NFL Redzone is the single best television invention of all time!

Sacrosanct

Legend
I normally like the draft, but this year my team doesn't really have any picks, so....lol

I'll still watch it, however.

As an aside to the OP, I was a nerd growing up. My oldest son was the opposite of me: he was super popular, 1st team all state in basketball and football, etc. Watching him grow up and having his friends over a lot? Nerds and jocks are all the same, it's just the type of hobby and strengths that might be different. Just as many good kids, bad kids, abused kids, well off kids, poor kids, etc in jock circles as there were in outcast or nerd circles (where I fit in growing up). Which was kind of an eye opener for me, because as a nerd growing up, I always thought the jocks had better lives than we did. Turns out, nope.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
As an aside to the OP, I was a nerd growing up. My oldest son was the opposite of me: he was super popular, 1st team all state in basketball and football, etc. Watching him grow up and having his friends over a lot? Nerds and jocks are all the same, it's just the type of hobby and strengths that might be different. Just as many good kids, bad kids, abused kids, well off kids, poor kids, etc in jock circles as there were in outcast or nerd circles (where I fit in growing up). Which was kind of an eye opener for me, because as a nerd growing up, I always thought the jocks had better lives than we did. Turns out, nope.

The grass is always greener .... If you aren't popular, you think that the popular group has it easy. If you are popular, you think life would be so much better if you didn't have to keep up the pretenses.

not-so-newguy

I'm the Straw Man in your argument
More of a baseball fan myself, but I'll watch the 49ers on occasion. Watching any sports draft is not at all interesting in the least. That being said, I am curious who they acquired after the fact.

dave2008

Legend
I love the movie, but I actually haven’t seen the show 😅

I just find the idea of talking about Sports like it’s a Prestige TV series amusing, and I thought Superb Owl would be a good pun.

...Actually, i suppose Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc. would all be series within the Sports Extended Universe.

And I guess Football was a popular British series that got an American remake? Though from what I understand it’s more of a gritty reimagining of Rugby, not sure why they used the name of a completely different show...
The show is even better IMO. Looking forward to season 3.

Remove ads