D&D 5E Joe Manganiello’s article on D&D at NBC News

Parmandur

Book-Friend
"I now work as a consultant for Dungeons & Dragons, which is the job that I wanted as a kid, and, as a result of that relationship, I wrote some material for their adventure module that will get released next year."

Well, that's interesting.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
dd02.gif

It's come a long way! :eek:

Why people like RPGs? Now we are used to videogames and movies (Warcraft or Lords of the Rings), you are using your imagination, creating new stories, you are with your friends, and you are learning social skills, to risk, to face challenges, sometimes you fail and other times you sucess, and then you get more self-confidence, and that is very importat for a teenage.

Gardens & Goblins

First Post
Why people like RPGs? Now we are used to videogames and movies (Warcraft or Lords of the Rings), you are using your imagination, creating new stories, you are with your friends, and you are learning social skills, to risk, to face challenges, sometimes you fail and other times you sucess, and then you get more self-confidence, and that is very importat for a teenage.

When I introduce my students to D&D (and pen & paper rpgs in general) I like to open with:

''It's like a computer game. With no computer. Or rather, everyone playing is the computer.''

Remove ads