D&D General Joe Manganiello's D&D Campaign Includes a Game of Thrones Creator & Vince Vaughn

The entertainment magazine Variety has joined the long list of mainstream publications who have published articles about D&D in recent years. They take a look at Joe Manganiello's home game, which includes Vince Vaughn, plus the guitarist from Rage Against the Machine, and one one of the Game of Thrones creators!

The entertainment magazine Variety has joined the long list of mainstream publications who have published articles about D&D in recent years. They take a look at Joe Manganiello's home game, which includes Vince Vaughn, plus the guitarist from Rage Against the Machine, and one one of the Game of Thrones creators!

war-of-dragons-new-resize.jpg

darjr

I crit!
No it wasn't. It was something somebody pointed out. Sheesh. I’d bet that if the comment was made to Joes face he’d probably shrug and say “huh, good point, but the group is already kinda too big”

Birmy

Adventurer
Manganiello is winning at life. That's it. That's the post.

A small anecdote: At Gary Con a couple of years ago, I played a lazy Sunday game with a young woman who had spent much of the weekend volunteering for the con (free admission). Manganiello had made an (as far as I know) unannounced appearance the day before, and she had gotten to meet him on her shift. "I got to stand next to him for 48 seconds!" she gushed. I thought, I guess anybody who has women literally counting the seconds they get to be around him must be doing something right.

Last edited:

Well, if people were not actually demanding that Joe change his home game to comply with what they believe would be a proper representation, they were at least making a huge deal out of this whole "lack of diversity" thing.

Not that I believe that diversity doesn't matter in a wider cultural context, but analyzing the issue of representation on someone else's wednesday-night Grey Box-only Realms campaign, no matter how famous that person happens to be, is just too much.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
If the penalty for daring to have a home game with the same gender as yourself covered by mainstream press is a stream of nerdrage and statements about how you've disappointed the fanbase and failed to take advantage of an opportunity to send a better message and have instead portrayed systematic oppression...is that meaningfully different than using the word demand? Because I don't think it is. That's how we demand things these days on the Internet.
Methinks you doth protest too much. There was no nerdrage, just some mildly expressed disappointment in the homogeneous make up of his table.

@Dire Bare generously cooled the very minor flames, but here we are back to fanning them back vigorously.

Sheesh indeed as an earlier commenter noted. And the opposing “nerd rage“ is piling on Umbran of all people.

Everyone please relax and realize we all have opinions that might not be in line with your own.

Last edited:

darjr

I crit!
That’s not what I see. The big deal I saw were folks coming down like a ton of brinks at the comment pointing out a lack of women.

though I have to admit I kinda blurred out on the thread because ... really?

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads