Joke Names you've never used...but want to.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
- Dewey Cheatham and Howe - attorneys
- Total Fabrication - from a model RR, a business that was supposed to be "in the next town", not depicted on the layout.
- the Ford Galaxy - an astronomical object, just barely visible to the naked eye … a tribute to the first car I owned. Really!
- Trump Cards - Sells marked decks of cards (on the down-low). Front business is a soothsayer who claims they can 'overwrite' predictions you got from tarot card readers.
- A bank whose front face looks like a vault not a Greek/Roman temple.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
It is embarrassing how long I have wanted to throw a flock of these at a party:
1200px-Greater_rhea_pair_arp.jpg

But Dire ones, with the water elemental template...

Attachments

• 1200px-Greater_rhea_pair_arp.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 1,057

Mallus

Legend
- Dewey Cheatham and Howe - attorneys
I once used "Dewey, Pressum, and Howe" - the "Top Rated Non-consensual Staffing Service in all of Port Loyal" for a short-lived pirate campaign. It began with the PCs in their stocks being sold to a pirate queen.

I've been kicking around characters I might inflict... ahem... play if I find the motivation to join in Philadelphia's apparently bourgeoning play-at-a-pub scene, in addition to our long running home game.

Such as Yentl Rosenpetal, from "the Long Island". A zaftig Druish... err, Druid!

And this will be her accent....

[video=youtube;RTs5eKZ0i1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTs5eKZ0i1E[/video]

Richards

Legend
It is embarrassing how long I have wanted to throw a flock of these at a party:

But Dire ones, with the water elemental template...
I actually statted up the dire rhea. It was published in one of the "Portable Holes Full of Beer" PDFs. And I've used them in my current campaign.

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
How fully did you explore the concept? Was there an empire built on the force of Dire Rhea dragoons in service to the Throne Of Dire Rhea? Did peasants run in fear of the Riders of Dire Rhea?

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Did peasants run in fear of the Riders of Dire Rhea?
Peasants, being uneducated but usually full of common sense, are aware that Dire Rheas are accompanied by something plague-ish, so it is a good idea to flee the area immediately and not come back until after the next good soaking rain washes away the evidence of their presence.

There is also a list of foods to eat and foods to avoid, should you accidentally come in contact. This list does not seem to be the same in any two different places.

Richards

Legend
As I recall, I gave them the ability to rush forward in a sudden charge (hence the term "explosive dire rhea"); had them love seafood (and thus it's often "something in the water" that brings on a dire rhea attack), and gave the price for dire rhea eggs and young (the young were called "squirts"). I'll have to see if I can hunt up the full stats.

Johnathan

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
You should have a festival in which flocks of Dire Rhea are released into a snaking, blocked off path to the harbor, chasing foolhardy volunteers who are dressed in brown pants. The Running of the Dire Rhea will become quite the spectacle...

Remove ads