Pathfinder 1E JollyDoc's Jade Regent

JollyDoc

Explorer
The AP turned out to be very lethal, with a high PC turnover rate. As we neared the end, the only original PC's left were Lucian, Haroldo and Boris, but Boris had succumbed to the coin via failed Will saves, and turned CE. The players no longer felt invested in the characters they were playing and didn't want to just "stick it out" for the sake of completing an AP which, frankly, had a lot of design flaws. All AP's are railroady, but this one was particularly so, with very little options for deviation. With WotW, the players feel very much in control of their own destiny and path, and I, as a DM, have made some adjustments meant to keep the original PC's in it for the long haul if at all possible. Perhaps some of my players would like to comment on this thread as to their own feelings about Jade Regent as a whole?

Quartz

Hero
This has been a good example of why you shouldn't have magical alignment changes. Sure that CE sword may urge you to senseless violence, but acting on that urge should always be up to the player

fludogg

First Post
This has been a good example of why you shouldn't have magical alignment changes. Sure that CE sword may urge you to senseless violence, but acting on that urge should always be up to the player

I know its been a while... but
as the player who played the goblin chef, I knew that he needed to be an NPC after being "found out", so I handed his sheet over. Boris had picked up a bunch of crazy powerful magic items that he was not going to let go of, "let me hold it for the party, kind of thing". After picking up those items and knowing his motivation I was done telling his story, but the DM ended up finishing it with my input.

Since that happened we all decided that because no one was super invested in their "new" characters, we would start fresh and just hash out a story ending for this path. which is why it seems so abrupt. Once the majority of the group loses interest in telling the story we think we should move on so that everyone of the players are having fun. Because that is what its all about, Right?

As for the adventure path. I enjoyed it. It did have its faults.
1) being fairly deadly to our characters
2) the caravan stuff is totally broken.

On the nice side it did lend itself to some interesting times trying to increase our friendship levels with NPCs and player characters. Which I think should be used in more adventure paths. story was cool too.

I for one had a blast playing it, but I am glad I don't have to speak in a Russian accent anymore. :p

Now on to Way of the Wicked. Where the evil characters are the "good" guys

-Flu Dogg aka Boris

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases