• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City: FINAL POST [Updated 11/2!!]

R-Hero

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Ike was the target - the party should have equipped this one with an item against mind effects long ago! Or was the magic ineffective an Ike just made off with the chica? ;)

Ike's weakest saving throw is a Will save. Rolling a 1 makes it that much easier. (JD enjoyed that 1 far too much.... :p )

JollyDoc

Explorer
R-Hero said:
Ike's weakest saving throw is a Will save. Rolling a 1 makes it that much easier. (JD enjoyed that 1 far too much.... :p )

It was a thing of beauty. As the battle raged around him, Ike strolled calmly over to Embril with no one the wiser.

R-Hero

Explorer
JollyDoc said:
It was a thing of beauty. As the battle raged around him, Ike strolled calmly over to Embril with no one the wiser.

Randomness of the game makes things interesting but sometimes the dice follow the script...

Sorry to hear this is your final write, JD. Lets hope G-man can carry the torch.
You are done with school, right G?? No pesky honeymoons or finals to get in the way of writing?? The masses hate delays.

Last edited:

R-Hero said:
You are done with school, right G?? No pesky honeymoons or finals to get in the way of writing?? The masses hate delays.
Hear thee, hear thee !!! :cool:

About the dice following a script: It works both ways. Some of my fondest memories from gaming come from extreme dice rolls (good or bad) at the right or the wrong times.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Neverwinter Knight said:
Hear thee, hear thee !!! :cool:

About the dice following a script: It works both ways. Some of my fondest memories from gaming come from extreme dice rolls (good or bad) at the right or the wrong times.

You'll have to get Gfunk to tell you about the time one of their parties fought an avatar of Lolth, and the extremely poor dice rolling on my part which allowed the Spider Queen to get severely punk'd!

gfunk

First Post
R-Hero said:
:( Not quite, I'm still going strong until November. But writing SHs is a good study break for me . . .

JollyDoc said:
You'll have to get Gfunk to tell you about the time one of their parties fought an avatar of Lolth, and the extremely poor dice rolling on my part which allowed the Spider Queen to get severely punk'd!

Long story short.

Lolth in spider form on ceiling. She was hurling spells at us from there after interposing a blade barrier in mid-air as well as an evard's black tentacles on the ground to discourage pursuit.

My war wizard casts transmute rock to mud on the ceiling where Lolth is standing. She looses her footing and . . .

1. Falls through her own blade barrier and fails her magic resistance and takes damage
2. Hits the ground and takes impact damage
3. Gets squeezed by evard's and fails her magic resistance and takes damage

at this point, she only has a few hit point left until . . .

4. The mud that was dislodged from the ceiling smacks her own the head, sending her back to the Abyss:D:D:D

Lela

First Post
Ah, sadness. I suppose, though, that things must come full circle. It was, afterall, gfunk who started this whole thing. He should probably end it.

gfunk

First Post
Eh, sorry. I'm studying for Step 2 which is on 7/19. I'll get to it during one of my study breaks. BTW, how is Age of Worms going?

JollyDoc

Explorer
gfunk said:
Eh, sorry. I'm studying for Step 2 which is on 7/19. I'll get to it during one of my study breaks. BTW, how is Age of Worms going?

Boards, schmoards...get your priorities straight!

Ah yes, Age of Worms...so far our young band of new heroes is still intact. Most of them have reached third level, without a single casualty. They have just begun Three Faces of Evil, and have aquitted themselves well against the Hextorites/Banites. They have also been joined by a new member...a feral human barbarian who goes by the handle of Sabertooth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads