• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

Joachim

First Post
PugioilAudacio said:
Meta game info? Me? Nooooo.
Actually, I sort of got seperated from the party. My pixie with a fatal curiosity ran through the entire maze with the lantern after the bassalisk scared it. It ran a bit too far, and accidentally completed the test without the rest of the group. Teleported into a weird forest, with no way to get back. He headed for the skull (still with the lantern). He went into the tunnel, got charmed by the rakshasa (why did they change the being killed by a holy crossbow in 3.5) - and is being taken in to be sacrificed.

That shouldn't work, then. You have to be an ally of the rakshasa for it to work, which you obviously aren't. Unless the DM Rule Zero's it, which he always could.

Lela

First Post
Dang guys, he whooped up on you. Glad everyone's okay though. So far. . .

I'm voting for Tilly too. Something tells me he needs a break.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Lela said:
Dang guys, he whooped up on you. Glad everyone's okay though. So far. . .

I'm voting for Tilly too. Something tells me he needs a break.

Ah, poor maligned, misunderstood Tilly. No one ever has faith in the little fella...

Lela

First Post
JollyDoc said:
Ah, poor maligned, misunderstood Tilly. No one ever has faith in the little fella...
That doesn't mean we don't love him. Just that we understand how a player might want to try something different. Or stuff. ;)

Joachim said:
That shouldn't work, then. You have to be an ally of the rakshasa for it to work, which you obviously aren't. Unless the DM Rule Zero's it, which he always could.
Well if the pixy is charmed, he would consider the rakshasa an ally and that would be enough for test. It all depends on the sacrifice's point of view. ;)

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
Well if the pixy is charmed, he would consider the rakshasa an ally and that would be enough for test. It all depends on the sacrifice's point of view. ;)

Can one sacrifice themselves?

The pixie looks around. "Hmm," he thinks "the big mummy guy said I need to sacrifice somebody - and the person doing the sacrificing will probably get to rule the plane. So what if I sacrifice myself? It's brilliant! I'll charge in there and, since I just sacrificed someone, I'll get to rule the plane. That should stop me from dieing! I wonder if it would work?" So the pixie with the fatal curiosity boldly charges into the column of plasma. POOF!!!

PugioilAudacio said:
Can one sacrifice themselves?

The pixie looks around. "Hmm," he thinks "the big mummy guy said I need to sacrifice somebody - and the person doing the sacrificing will probably get to rule the plane. So what if I sacrifice myself? It's brilliant! I'll charge in there and, since I just sacrificed someone, I'll get to rule the plane. That should stop me from dieing! I wonder if it would work?" So the pixie with the fatal curiosity boldly charges into the column of plasma. POOF!!!
That's basically up to you - it might not be totally out of character for your pixie to do that. The thing is, now that you know that the module suggests to the DM that the first person to sacrifice himself does not die, but is healed AND get's the template, will you still go through with it?

If I was your DM and found out you were reading this story hour, I'd let your character be consumed by the plasma and hand you 4d6... ;) But that's just me.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Time to knock a couple of hundred posts out of this thread! Jollydoc, say the word, and I'll give you moderator rights to delete posts in your thread. I have to do the same thing in mine; we need to keep things under 1000 posts.

Thanks!

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
That's basically up to you - it might not be totally out of character for your pixie to do that. The thing is, now that you know that the module suggests to the DM that the first person to sacrifice himself does not die, but is healed AND get's the template, will you still go through with it?

If I was your DM and found out you were reading this story hour, I'd let your character be consumed by the plasma and hand you 4d6... ;) But that's just me.

Huh? No, I'm not going to sacrifice myself. You're right, that would be totally "cheating" and not with the spirit of the game. I read this story hour for enjoyment, to see how it can be played with good role-players, and to try to keep my DM from mutilating the game too much. (Our tank just tried to spill holy water on the half-fiend - he got a 30 on a suprise "attack" - the DM said that the water mysteriously missed him - he keeps on making the guy invulnurable, and not evil. If he's not thinking evil thoughts at the time we try to detect, then he doesn't come up as evil.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads