• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

PugioilAudacio

First Post
Piratecat said:
Time to knock a couple of hundred posts out of this thread! Jollydoc, say the word, and I'll give you moderator rights to delete posts in your thread. I have to do the same thing in mine; we need to keep things under 1000 posts.

Thanks!

Heh heh, looking back, most of my posts are superfluous to the thread. Ah well, BURN THEM ALL :] :D

LordVyreth

First Post
Piratecat said:
Time to knock a couple of hundred posts out of this thread! Jollydoc, say the word, and I'll give you moderator rights to delete posts in your thread. I have to do the same thing in mine; we need to keep things under 1000 posts.

Thanks!

I'm still new on these forums. Why is that, exactly?

Lela

First Post
We should probably start a new thread too. That way we don't have to kill so many posts. (And burn this post at your discretion).

PugioilAudacio said:
Huh? No, I'm not going to sacrifice myself. You're right, that would be totally "cheating" and not with the spirit of the game. I read this story hour for enjoyment, to see how it can be played with good role-players, and to try to keep my DM from mutilating the game too much. (Our tank just tried to spill holy water on the half-fiend - he got a 30 on a suprise "attack" - the DM said that the water mysteriously missed him - he keeps on making the guy invulnurable, and not evil. If he's not thinking evil thoughts at the time we try to detect, then he doesn't come up as evil.)
That's alright, then. I would think that it wouldn't be fun anyway. Also, I think your DM should give you more options - the module is prepared for the party killing/driving off the half-fiend earlier in the adventure.

LordVyreth said:
I'm still new on these forums. Why is that, exactly?
Because superfluous posts like ours inflate the database. The bigger it is, the more work for the server and the longer it will eventually take for us to load. This is a reasonable measure for communities like enworld.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
Or, since NWK likes his big words (trying to impress our new doctor NWK?): too much stuff on server; need less stuff on server; easy to delete posts that don't have any use (such as BUMPs).

If we don't server slows down, it give pages slow, server get mAD, SERVER SMASH!!!!!!

Joachim

First Post
Lela said:
Or, since NWK likes his big words (trying to impress our new doctor NWK?): too much stuff on server; need less stuff on server; easy to delete posts that don't have any use (such as BUMPs).

If we don't server slows down, it give pages slow, server get mAD, SERVER SMASH!!!!!!

I think JD could go back to, I don't know, the first 20 pages or so of this thread and just delete all of the non-Story posts.

Joachim

First Post
We had our last session last night. The Highlights:

1) Joe got back on track again. 2 more deaths (not as bad as it sounds for the PC's).

2) Shortly put, Cauldron is going to Hell-in-a-handbasket.

3) An assassination attempt is made on the Bright Axes one night at dinner. The assailants come in with about 50 spells cast on each of them. The fighting is very bloody, and only last about 5 rounds.

Lela

First Post
I am wondering, how are these modules tied together? I only ask because it seems like an Adventure Path should relate to each other. Mostly I'm curious about how the Test of the Eversmoking Eye solved the Red Gorge war.

Lela, I doubt that a few words are enough to impress Dr. G... ;) To do that, you will probably have to survive one of JD's sessions, which I don't think I could. :D :D

The conflict with Red Gorge ended with the death of the paladin. He had issued a challenge to the captain of the guard which became void after his death.

gfunk

First Post
Caine's response to seeing the three would-be humanoid assassins:
"Stand back, let me handle this. They are merely . . . human."

Reason: Vow of Nonviolence gives +4 bonus on DCs vs. humanoids and monstrous humanoids

Lela, I'm as much in the dark as you. Presumably there is some rhyme or reason but I've yet to determine it. In that vein, Joachim cast detect plot last night but he was stunned because it was too damn complicated.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads