• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

gfunk

First Post
Joachim said:
Caine makes his disdain for the Celestial Courts known...
Perhaps you remember the Celestial involvement in my own story hour during CotSQ and BoBS. In CotSQ Joachim called a Solar to ask for direct aid in destroying Irae T'ssaren -- the angel refused to intervene.

Later, in BoBS, the primary reason for the intervention of the three Solars (Israfel, Jerimel, and Uriel) was to punish Entropy for slaying Eco (Solar) and Brahmin (Planetar). Of course, they were all killed by an Atropal . . .:)

But the reason I bring this up is the general way Celestials are represented in our campaign. In my opinion (and Caine's apparently ;)) they are a bunch of selfish a-holes. Caine does not hold himself above mortals or celestials and he routinely risks his life to prevent the death of his comrades. Also, I generally play him as "nice." He tries to be amiable to even his foes; there are many examples of this such as the evil halfing prisoner in the Kuo-Toan temple, the duergar slave, his interrogators in the Town Hall, etc.

However, as you will be able to see in detail when JD puts the update up, Caine doesn't appreciate the "holier than thou" attitude of many celestials.

Last edited:

Joachim

First Post
Just quit with the "Caine is a nice guy" stuff. You know what you want...a bunch of children in Cauldron wearing WWCD bracelets and t-shirts.

Last edited:

Lela

First Post
I think JD better update soon (of course, I always think that). I want to see how this all plays out before I start making major comments.

<SNIP>

Hmmmmm. Okay, I'm deleting this and asking JollyDoc about via private e-mail.

Lela

First Post
gfunk said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

gfunk6266@yahoo.com:D
Nope. For one thing, I didn't save it (hopefully JD will send me a copy back, hint hint). The other thing is that, if I'm wrong, I want JD to feel free to use it. And if I'm right I want you people to figure it out for yourself. :p

gfunk

First Post
Lela said:
And if I'm right I want you people to figure it out for yourself. :p
Well, just remember that JD certainly doesn't need any help coming up with a TPK!:D I have a baaaaaaaaad feeling about the Demonskar Legacy.

Joachim

First Post
gfunk said:
Well, just remember that JD certainly doesn't need any help coming up with a TPK!:D I have a baaaaaaaaad feeling about the Demonskar Legacy.

Let's just say that the Dungeon adventure path makes me long for the days of the Take Eight module path.

Rusty

First Post
Greetings from down below

Hi, Just popping in to say hello. I have been reading the SH and this is my first reply. I am the short one named Rusty in the JD's SH. I am glad ya'll finally get to meet me.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Lela said:
Nope. For one thing, I didn't save it (hopefully JD will send me a copy back, hint hint). The other thing is that, if I'm wrong, I want JD to feel free to use it. And if I'm right I want you people to figure it out for yourself. :p

ummm...I may have inadvertently...ummm...deleted that email. I have a bad habit of doing that to email I don't immediately recognize. Don't suppose there's any possibility you could ...ummm...resend it? Please?

JollyDoc

Explorer
Rusty said:
Hi, Just popping in to say hello. I have been reading the SH and this is my first reply. I am the short one named Rusty in the JD's SH. I am glad ya'll finally get to meet me.

Rusty the Killer Klown chimes in! Welcome to the 21st century! Hey, who is that in your icon?

Remove ads