• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

JollyDoc's Shackled City

Who is going to start this weeks speculation on PC deaths? This module is starting to kill more characters than the (in)famous Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil...

Joachim

First Post
Lela said:
So, in actuality, how much lower than you should be are you?

In other words (read: to make more sense), what's the actual average party level you should be at?

The module says 10. I will keep other comments to myself.

gfunk

First Post
Since I'm writing this final story hour, I guess I can be a little bit more liberal with the cliffhangers:

• This module was concluded on Sunday night.
  • We ran into the DEMON who really SKARed us.
  • There was much death.
Ooops, did I really say "final" story hour? What I meant to say was the final story hour for a while, since the next adventure path module is not out yet. Yeah, that's the ticket. *whew* :eek:

gfunk said:
  • This module was concluded on Sunday night.
  • We ran into the DEMON who really SKARed us.
  • There was much death.
I was not expecting anything less from you !!!

gfunk said:
Ooops, did I really say "final" story hour? What I meant to say was the final story hour for a while, since the next adventure path module is not out yet. Yeah, that's the ticket. *whew* :eek:
C'mon you guys, you have to give us something in between. I'm sure JollyDoc can come up with an equally interesting and maybe less deadly adventure module. Or would a make of his own be even deadlier? :D

Lela

First Post
Neverwinter Knight said:
I was not expecting anything less from you !!!

C'mon you guys, you have to give us something in between. I'm sure JollyDoc can come up with an equally interesting and maybe less deadly adventure module. Or would a make of his own be even deadlier? :D
Gfunk's reopening his old SH. Bringing back Entropy, Noir, Hor'ahun, and Dreadmaster Amal. Seems Joachim's not all that willing to work with the Chosen One again.

Page 1

Page 19 (where the new stuff will start)

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Yes, Demonskar arrived at a very dramatic conclusion last night and there was much...well, there actually was NOT much rejoicing. More like much...grumbling. We are still debating what to do in the interim until the next Adventure Path is released, but we are indeed leaning towards reuniting (somewhat) the 'heroes' from GFunk's story to run through the Liche-Queen's Beloved, which will be posted on GFunk's SH. Stay tuned.

JollyDoc

Explorer
Nightingale 7 said:
Truly,Wathros seems to be going through a lot of animal companions nowadays.I hope the celestial lion companion will be more durable eh?(hint,hint :D )

So the group is now at around 9th level,and Jollydoc says they're nearing the end of the Demonskar adventure?Having read the adventure I'm VERY concerned with the group's chances.Not that I doubt the group's value,but still...
A specific encounter makes me nervous.

Now,to a Caine matter:Caine sent Jules to aid Wathros,and the familiar started blasting the hag with his eye rays.Isn't this an indirect violation of the Vow of Peace?Although the archon is a separate creature,as a familiar it is essentially a part of the caster.If this is not a violation of the rules,then I guess the summoning spells are not either.Hmmm...that leaves a lot of wiggle room,and it is not addressed at all in the BOED.Also,even though ability damage is prohibited,what about negative ability score adjustments,like Ray of Enfeeblement and Bestow Curse?Strictly by the rules,they are allowed since they don't do actual damage.Just a little powergaming food for the thought Gfunk ;)
Oh, BTW, I think I can reveal this without it being too much of a spoiler, but Wathros went thru yet ANOTHER rhino last night...yes, friends and neighbors, that's three, count'em three, rhinos in as many days! It must be some kind of record!

Lela

First Post
It's a wonder there are rules about loosing animal companions. When there are no more Rhino's left in the world, for example. ;)

So, what's the likelyhood that there will be a repeat of the old campaign? I got the impression that that had already been decided.

Remove ads