D&D General Just Eat the Dang Fruit

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
You're aware that people don't always have identical perspectives, decision-making methodologies, propensities toward trust or mistrust, riiiight? As exemplified by the aphorism: "Would you jump off a cliff if your friends did?"
And everyone else felt differently from the one who ate the fruit, in a way that had nothing to do with the saving throw they just saw the player make? I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it.

Shadowdweller00

Adventurer
And everyone else felt differently from the one who ate the fruit, in a way that had nothing to do with the saving throw they just saw the player make? I'm sorry, but I just don't buy it.
Not when one of their party just ate the fruit with no ill effects, no.
You seem pretty confident in your ability to predict how characters you know absolutely nothing about should be reacting. As well as as their ability to diagnose or discern potential poisoning in someone who JUST ate something.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
It’s a preference to avoid metagaming.
It isn’t actually possible not to metagame while playing a game. Our decisions are constantly being influenced by a wide variety of factors, including meta-game information such as our knowledge of the game rules. And even if one is to consciously endeavor to make decisions contrary to what their meta-game knowledge indicates is optimal from a gameplay perspective, that is itself a metagame decision.

Micah Sweet

You seem pretty confident in your ability to predict how characters you know absolutely nothing about should be reacting. As well as as their ability to diagnose or discern potential poisoning in someone who JUST ate something.
In this case, yeah. I've played with a lot of people, and nearly all of them would have taken a saving throw with no in-game appearance into consideration.

Micah Sweet

It isn’t actually possible not to metagame while playing a game. Our decisions are constantly being influenced by a wide variety of factors, including meta-game information such as our knowledge of the game rules. And even if one is to consciously endeavor to make decisions contrary to what their meta-game knowledge indicates is optimal from a gameplay perspective, that is itself a metagame decision.
But one that makes sense in-universe.

Remove ads