• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just picked up the Expanded Psionics Handbook

Falling Icicle

Adventurer
zen_hydra said:
-Psion: bab=+10, fort=+6, ref=+6, will=+12, level 20 power points=343, 36 powers known, d4 hit die.

Wow. That's alot of power points! Do things cost the same number of power points they did before? And are there still sub-psionic classes like the Telepath and Nomad?

zen_hydra said:
-Soul Knife: +15 bab (especially whacked out progression, only attacks until 20th level)

I don't understand what you are saying.

zen_hydra said:
-Wilder: +15 bab, +6 fort, +6 ref, +12 will, level 20 pp=343, powers known 11, d6 hit die.

The Wilder only has eleven powers at level 20?! Talk about getting screwed...

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
zen_hydra said:
0 level powers folded into level 1 powers.

-Psychic Warrior: +15 bab,+12 fort, +6 ref, +6 will, level 20 pp=127, 20 powers known, d8 hit die.

Wow. Looks like they're still shafted, with the same BAB and saves, less PPs (3e was 129), and one more power known.

Howabout skills/feats?

Brad

zen_hydra

First Post
I was wrong about the Psion Uncarnate, it is not like Jack the Bodiless, it is a class that gains increasing incorpereal abilities.

The new creature called the Unbodied is fan service to Jack the Bodiless (the picture is even a disembodied brain) the unbodied are incredibly powerful psionic creatures. They have a +4 level adj.

I have notice that both incarnations of the Psionics Handbook draw significant inspiration from the books of Julian May, and that ain't a bad thing.

The Unbodied alone have me all excited about this book.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
cignus_pfaccari said:
Wow. Looks like they're still shafted, with the same BAB and saves, less PPs (3e was 129), and one more power known.

Err - they weren't shafted before. The general consensus was that psiwarriors were well balanced, and psions were too weak. Adding a power and keeping the power points about the same seems fine. I noticed that some of the feats are more powerful (psionic weapon now does +2d6 damage, not +1d4) as well. I guess it really comes down to how the powers are.

I can't believe that the wilder gets only 11 powers. Hopefully, they have other nice goodies.

As for the soulknife, they damn well better errata that stupid BAB mistake. I'm amazed that stayed in there.

Macbeth

First Post
Anybody else seen this yet? When is the street date, since these stores are "breaking steet date", according to an earlier poster.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
zen_hydra said:
I have notice that both incarnations of the Psionics Handbook draw significant inspiration from the books of Julian May, and that ain't a bad thing.

You betcha! These were the basis of 2e psionics, after all, so it's nice to see them recognized in this way.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads