• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Just picked up the Expanded Psionics Handbook

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Nightfall said:
Maybe they can't add.

From the website, it looks really cool...except for that.

Now, what's even more amusing, as a result of this, is that a 15th-level soulknife can have five attacks...two main hand, three off-hand, with the Two-Weapon Fighting tree. Somehow, I don't think that was meant to be.

Brad

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Just called my FLGS and i was told that they had a shipment coming in tomorrow and that it might be in. *crosses fingers*

Oh, and the Elan are freakin awesome!!

Wizard's Boards said:
Elan
-2 Cha
Aberration (no darkvision)
+2 bonus PP at first level
Spend 1 PP for +4 racial bonus to saves for 1 round as immediate action
As immediate action, reduce damage taken by 2 HP for each PP spendt
Spend 1 point to not need food or water for 24 hours
Level Adj in book +0

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Piratecat said:
Err - they weren't shafted before. The general consensus was that psiwarriors were well balanced, and psions were too weak. Adding a power and keeping the power points about the same seems fine. I noticed that some of the feats are more powerful (psionic weapon now does +2d6 damage, not +1d4) as well. I guess it really comes down to how the powers are.

It's a matter of opinion; I haven't heard that they were balanced, just that they were weak. At least, that's my group's conventional wisdom.

Maybe the feats are better and make up for it. I figure at the least, they should have one better save (like, reflex); they're effectively equivalent to a bard otherwise.

Brad

zen_hydra

First Post
Falling Icicle said:
Wow. That's alot of power points! Do things cost the same number of power points they did before? And are there still sub-psionic classes like the Telepath and Nomad?

I don't understand what you are saying.

The Wilder only has eleven powers at level 20?! Talk about getting screwed...

Point costs appear to be the same.

Soul Knife bab progression:
+0
+1
+2
+3
+3
+4
+5
+6/+1
+6/+1
+7/+2
+8/+3
+9/+4
+9/+4
+10/+5
+11/+6
+12/+7
+12/+7
+13/+8
+14/+9
+15/+10/+5

That is how it appears in the book and the web preview, so it is possibly not an error.

The Wilder appears to be like a Sorcerer but with fair combat abilities. They actually seem to be pretty good.

Last edited:

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Any word on Concussion and Astral Construct? Are they powers in a chain like 3.0 or a single power that can be heavily augmented? Is astral construct only on the Shaper's list?

Far Hand? Can it be augmented?

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Can anyone expound on the racial background of the Elan? So they're abberations, but they look human? How are they abberations? What's their racial niche in a campaign world?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
How many of the chains have turned into one power?
Are there many versatile powers?

What about learning additional powers beyond those you get by class level? Is it possible? How much does it cost?

zen_hydra

First Post
Pseudonym said:
Can anyone expound on the racial background of the Elan? So they're abberations, but they look human? How are they abberations? What's their racial niche in a campaign world?

The Elan are former humans that through a special process become psionically infused creatures that are not alive in the same sense that they were as humans. Their bodies are powered by psionic energy. They are effectively immortal, need little sustinence (they can spend a pp to not need food or drink for a day), they no longer sleep (trance like an elf for 4 hours). They are a special (elite?) race of enhanced humans created by a secret society.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads